December 13, 2017, 04:21:44 pm

Author Topic: looking for arenas  (Read 919 times)

Offline ao240day

looking for arenas
« on: November 06, 2013, 11:24:48 pm »
So I am trying to get into Airsoft but I don't know any other players or fields. Do we have to use a "designated" airsoft field or can we just hit up the woods? Will the police get pissed if we use the woods even though we are using orange tips?

So anyway, I am in Algonquin, any players and fields in the area?

Offline Sinjhin

Re: looking for arenas
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 08:54:41 am »
I would NOT suggest going out into any random woods and playing airsoft (orange tips or no) unless you own the property, notify your local police department, and don't mind getting sued or paying a large medical bill if one of your friends gets hurt.

If they are not your woods, you risk getting shot. If you don't notify the police, you risk getting shot.

There are several paintball/airsoft fields that advertise games on both these forums and on various illinois airsoft groups on Facebook. As I hear, Northwest Illinois is quite a good spot to be for airsoft. Specifically around Rockford.

Other than that, welcome aboard.

Offline Nen00

• Gas Guns Are Awesome!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 09:48:48 am »
I agree with Sinjhin about not playing in the woods. Do you remember the incident where a boy was shot and killed by police because he was carrying an airsoft replica in public? I don't want anybody from the community being fatally injured so I advise against playing in a public area. Orange tip or not, from a distance it looks like the real deal especially with the multiple instances of gun crime now days. And you will get into trouble if you get caught playing in the woods. Not a good idea.

There is a local paintball field called Paintball Explosion http://www.pbbomb.com/ where they host arisoft every Sunday. It's only 16 minutes from Algonquin so why not go there?

Note: You must bring your own gear.
- Entry of $30 for the whole day
- Must have Barrel Sock / Holster for all weapons
- If age < 18, must have full face mask
etc. (Check the event pages for more details)

I think it is better to start there instead of playing in the woods because you will know what kind of stuff to get. Do not get those LPEG where they shot 200fps with .12gram bbs. Ask people at the field to try their stuff and they will tell you all about it.

Best way to learn is from a good community.

Also try searching in the "PLAY AIRSOFT" section of this forum. Tons of info there.

Offline Labman

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:06:09 am »
In the process of opening up a 68,000 square-foot facility CQB as well as urban tactical all rolled into one should be opening December 1 hope to see you there