June 25, 2017, 02:09:29 am

Author Topic: Questions about batteries for G&G COMBAT MACHINE  (Read 1954 times)

Offline tduvyt

Questions about batteries for G&G COMBAT MACHINE
« on: May 07, 2014, 10:40:31 pm »
So, i'm looking for a battery for my combat machine. And also my KWA M16BR.

Goal of this thread is for you guys to hopefully tell me what i can buy to make my guns insanely fast, but also VERY SAFE. Safety over eveything. Oh and don't say,"just get a 9.6v"

I want a 7.4 for my combat machine and an 11.1 for my KWA.

Looking at both of them being @ 15C. Is this a smart decision? I want a high ROF (better than or equal to a 9.6v) but more importantly i want my guns to be safe. ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED.

EDIT:
Did about 2 hours more of research through threads etc. I have found that a 7.4v 20c would be a better alternative, or even a 25c. Would the 25c be okay?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:20:44 pm by tduvyt »

Offline tduvyt

Re: Questions about batteries for G&G COMBAT MACHINE
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:00:28 pm »
Bump :p

Offline Freshman101

• Twinkie, twinkie, cupcake
    • Airsoftforum.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 04:54:43 pm »
15c, 20c, 25c, etch don't mean spit if you dont tell us the capacity. You need to know the capacity (mah) and discharge (c) to determine the amps.

However, when it comes to lipos, bigger is better for both capacity and discharge. If you want to be "VERY SAFE" with a lipo, then you don't want to stress them. You want batteries that can provide more than enough current for your gun. A 25C 500mah (yes 500, not 5000) would only provide 12.5amps. Barely enough to run a stock gun. That would be a very stressed battery. Conversely, a 15C 5000mah pack could provide 75amps. Significantly better. The second pack would not be stressed, whereas the first one would, which means the second one would be far safer.

The rest of the safety with a lipo depends on how you handle them. So don't puncture them, throw them around, try to slit the cells apart from each other, over charge or over discharge them. Make sure you have a fuse in your gun so in the event that something fails, there is a break in the circuit that will stop the battery from discharging or shorting through something. Basically, don't be an idiot, and you will be fine with them.

I have been running lipo's exclusively for the better part of 2 years now, without a problem.
Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 10:33:50 am »
I'd like to add, a bit late, for the good of anyone reading this after the fact. Perhaps more important even than a fuse in a lipo-equipped gun is an ODP device. Over-Discharge Protection keeps your cells from dropping below a certain threshold of voltage and becoming damaged. Most ODPs plug into the balancer tap on your battery and let out a warning beep when you reach a voltage threshold.
More advanced applications will come in the form of a MOSFET controller that will also contain things like an electronic self-resetting fuse, thermal protection, active-braking to protect your gears, piston, and springs, as well as reducing trigger component breakdown. A computerized MOSFET is arguably one of the best modifications you can make to preserve your battery and your gun.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Freshman101

• Twinkie, twinkie, cupcake
    • Airsoftforum.com
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 11:41:55 am »
More advanced applications will come in the form of a MOSFET controller that will also contain things like an electronic self-resetting fuse, thermal protection, active-braking to protect your gears, piston, and springs, as well as reducing trigger component breakdown. A computerized MOSFET is arguably one of the best modifications you can make to preserve your battery and your gun.
I have yet to see a MOSFET, computerized or otherwise that monitors the battery voltage through the balance port. All the ones I have seen, including the BTC Spectre & Chimera monitor the voltage through the main power plug. This is inferior because you can not monitor each cell, but rather all the cells together. That means if the cells come out of balance, and one is significantly lower, the MOSFET wont detect it until it is too late. I always recommend going with a standalone Low Voltage Cutoff/Device/ODP to get the best monitoring. ProjectWolfdragon.com specifically has some that are designed to work specifically with Airsoft guns and their particular power draw characteristics.
Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.