November 24, 2017, 04:04:40 pm

Author Topic: ATTN: ALL TECH's Who know how to wire I need your help  (Read 626 times)

Offline judgey

ATTN: ALL TECH's Who know how to wire I need your help
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:12:06 pm »
My ARES FULL METAL M4 with MOSFET electronic trigger wiring is has broken off of my gun. Initially the wiring that was connected to the battery was broken. I took apart my buffer tube and i tried screwing in my buffer tube and it wouldn't go in all the way so i tried to give it a little elbow grease and i ended up cutting one of the wires. So i just need a whole new set of wires i have a picture of my mistakes and i will Attach them. Please let me know of durable wires that i can use that are also flexible. Or if more beneficially should I switch from rear wiring to Front?

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
Re: ATTN: ALL TECH's Who know how to wire I need your help
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 10:16:15 am »
CHanging the way the wiring runs requires that you change where the battery is mounted. It also means you can't use your original stuff as a guide. In M4's, I prefer rear wiring but there are obvious constraints in wire diameter. If you have a traditional LE collapsible stock, this may not be the most realistic option, I understand.

If you have ample space to route a wire, I recommend sticking to the rear and using Deans "wet noodle" wire or similar. I used it in my RPK to facilitate an enormous 8,000mAh nickel battery that would peak at 190 amps. It was east to solder, easy to trim and tin, and it dissipates heat like a champ. Its silicone jacket is a bit fragile though, and if you pinch it between two sections, you're gonna have an exposed center.

If you do not have the room for this stuff or prefer to front-wire, I recommend Prometheus EG Element cord. It's a Teflon-jacketed silver laminate copper cable that isn't quite as good as wet noodle wire, but it's close. And it's a LOT thinner and more durable. I use this stuff in my BR55 battle rifle because it's a little stiffer and slightly easier to plumb through awkward spaces.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Trippster

• Ministry of Un-Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: ATTN: ALL TECH's Who know how to wire I need your help
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 12:54:44 am »
I found front wiring to be such a headache when i owned an M4, i much preferred the rear wiring on my olde M16 but that had a lot of other headache so i didnt really notice how nice all that battery space was at the time. I think that most of the time front/rear wiring is a matter of preference unless you plan on building multiple uppers in which case you would want your wiring going to the rear.
redtail [09|Nov 01:22 AM]:   TRIPPS I ALREADY TOLD YOU THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FILMS
redtail [09|Nov 01:23 AM]:   The moaning and bodily fluids are symbolic of the director's struggle with heroin addiction.