December 13, 2017, 02:19:49 pm

Author Topic: Shooting Locations?  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Tango_Down

• #420yoloswag4jesus
    • Northern Illinois Airsoft
Shooting Locations?
« on: November 08, 2014, 08:37:19 pm »
I've been looking around for people who have or know anyone who has large amounts of property, that they would be willing to let people come out and shoot. Small caliber stuff, no .50bmg lol. Nothing over 7.62x39. Or if there are any ranges in the area that don't have stupid rules. The only place close to me (53179) only allows you to put 1 round in the magazine, fire it and repeat which I think is completely idiotic. If anyone has any info on any ranges or places that they shoot, let me know! I'm a Wisconsin resident and thus, don't have a foid card (but I'm going to apply for one anyways just because it would be helpful should I go shooting in Illinois. The only range I go to besides the afore mentioned one is in gurnee at basspro but they are very specific with the type of ammo you use in the rifle tube, and the ammo they want are soft lead flat nose which is a bit harder to aqcuire for me, but I want to call and ask if they let you use JHP rounds because I'm unsure about this. I know some ranges don't allow Wisconsin residents without a foid card for Illinois to come use the facility. Thanks for any info!

Offline lucky_13

• Why buy when you can build?
Re: Shooting Locations?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 10:13:28 pm »
Aurora Sportsman's club. Requires membership, but some events (practical rifle) are open to the public. I think it's the only 500 yd range in Illinois.
I ran off and joined the Marine Corps.
2/1 Camp Pendleton, 2171.