November 25, 2017, 05:00:46 am

Author Topic: Echo 1 rpk external issues  (Read 616 times)

Offline bogginator

Echo 1 rpk external issues
« on: December 09, 2014, 10:02:08 pm »
I have been trying to turn my red star rpk into a tactical version
with a rail system and I have been encountering many issues. For one thing, the rail system I bought for it (cyma x47 rail system) is not compatible and I don't know how to customize it to work. I have tried to file the piece that holds the lower hand guard on with a grinder and that helped the lower rail fit but just looks weird because I didn't do the best job.  The rpk upper gas tube does not let the upper rail fit completely on the lower part. Another disappointment was that the front sight snapped off and the back of the receiver where the stock attaches just ripped off literally. Looks like I will be buying a whole new lower receiver and a new rail and gas assembly if  nothing else works.   >:( 

If anybody has any advice on how to custom fit an ak rail system on this gun or has experience with this kind of work, that would be great. This project has so far has been a disaster.

P.S. if you don't like what I'm doing to it, don't comment. I do not like the real wood just sayin. Thanks.
Barrett M82A1, G3 SAS, G3 MC51, G36KV EBB, SL8, FAL Carbine, Dragunov SVD, RPK, M249 MKII, AK hybrid EBB, 2 custom AKs, M16A4, M16 SPR, M4 S System, M4 custom, Custom L96, 2 Co2 pistols, and more!

Offline Trippster

• Ministry of Un-Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: Echo 1 rpk external issues
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 10:27:57 pm »
As for the rail system im fairly sure that CYMA switched from a TM style assembly to a VFC style assembly so a lot of the parts that have made for their AKs wont fit on certain models. As far as everything else goes im afraid i cant help, im not exactly well versed in AK assembly/disassembly.
redtail [09|Nov 01:22 AM]:   TRIPPS I ALREADY TOLD YOU THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FILMS
redtail [09|Nov 01:23 AM]:   The moaning and bodily fluids are symbolic of the director's struggle with heroin addiction.

Offline bogginator

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 11:28:24 pm »
That's what I've heard but I was not 100% sure about that.
Barrett M82A1, G3 SAS, G3 MC51, G36KV EBB, SL8, FAL Carbine, Dragunov SVD, RPK, M249 MKII, AK hybrid EBB, 2 custom AKs, M16A4, M16 SPR, M4 S System, M4 custom, Custom L96, 2 Co2 pistols, and more!

Offline Ozzie963

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 06:56:57 pm »
 RPK's use heavier barrel and gas assemblies. Most rails and handguards for ak's do not fit on RPK's.

Offline bogginator

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 09:07:00 pm »
There was a guy that was selling his red star rpk on Facebook and he modified his somehow to fit a rail system on it. Plus I have done this before but I had repair techs do it the last time. That was when I had a jg rpk ebb.