December 10, 2018, 08:17:51 pm

Author Topic: Anime  (Read 7679 times)

Offline Micahh

Re: Anime
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 11:44:54 pm »
I can't believe no one has mentioned Ranma 1/2
Pointless, harmless and hilarious every time I read it; it's great!
I totally agree with you, Sev.  Makes me laugh everytime i read it.

Throwing Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica into the list of recommendations.  If you're a magical girl fan who has been craving a drink of darkness with your slice of cute, this is it!

Also, that is a great one. It's in my tops.
YOu get your own damn coffee! I'm busy frolicking.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 11:35:24 am »
I'm a huge fan of the less stylized cyberpunk stuff... Particularly Shirow Masamune's work. Gotta love Mr. Octopus.

I still can't get over Ghost in the Shell. The Appleseed movies were cool too, but they lacked much of the depth of the original stuff.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Micahh

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 11:38:42 am »
How about some Yu Yu Hakusho?! gotta love the 90's anime! haha.

Offline Micahh

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 03:37:24 am »
Just found one that I don't believe anyone's said yet. It's a movie called Redline. Really cool Futuristic-racing movie.

Offline El Pesado

• Aka VinnieVidiVeci
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2011, 04:18:36 pm »
I finished watching witchblade on Netflix, man. Pretty decent story, loved the artwork, ending is depressing lol

Offline Micahh

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 09:36:41 pm »
Tenchi Muyo is a good one, and after watching all the seasons of that I'd watch Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari. It's a great 13 ep OVA. Each ep is 48 min long.  Also, check out Akagi, Clannad the Movie and series, as well as Photon.

Offline El Pesado

• Aka VinnieVidiVeci
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 11:46:25 pm »
And I just watched season 1 and the movie or Afro samurai...just wow lol. It's like samurai champloo, just grittier and more gory

Offline Micahh

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 11:16:06 am »
I just finished Stein's Gate, and I do not recommend it at all unless you are into those emotional ones.  I have only ever gotten emotionally entranced, by a series, once before I watched this.  This series had me curled up in a ball, as if I was 10 yrs old watching a back-to-back viewing of Shiloh and Where the Red Fern Grows. 

-MORE ADDED-

Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls is an exceptionally amazing 12ep series.  And if any of you have seen it, would you say that during the last fight scene, with Jubei and Gisen, that this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQKAQrK1Q9Y) would go amazingly well with it.  Just all the emotion that was trying to be pushed through it.  At least I thought so...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:22:07 am by micahmacab »

Offline jonnyatwood

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 09:50:24 pm »
Well if anyone still looks at this, here's a list. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/jonnyatwood There are a few sketchy ones on there, but I like them all, well the ones I've seen.

There's something flying through the air! What is it? Is it a bird? A plane? No...its the BANHAMMER!

Offline Johnny Ridden

• 402nd Autonomous Corps. Sieg Zeon!
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 02:03:07 am »
Weaboos, Weaboos err where. Also if you can't tell by my name then you don't know enough about Mobile Suit Gundam.
"Victory is the greatest tribute we can pay those who sacrifice their lives for us! Rise, our people, Rise! Take your sorrow, and turn it into anger! Zeon thirsts for the strength of its people! SIEG ZEON!" - Gihren Zabi's "Sieg Zeon" Speech at Garma Zabi's funeral