February 16, 2019, 04:27:41 pm

Author Topic: Post your readiness story here! The lessons you learned when you...  (Read 9612 times)

Offline Wolfie

• Still an idiot...
  • I'm Operator Enough.
    • Shotguner50 Youtube Channel
Re: Post your readiness story here! The lessons you learned when you...
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 01:42:29 pm »
At Red Dawn 1 last year, I remember I just bought an Cyma AK, and I only had 1 Hi-cap, When it ran out, I had to call a hit, and go back to the safe zone to reload.
4: Don't bump anything. Only update. If you are caught bumping, Wolfie will rape your face. This is not a joke.
www.facebook.com/ironcityairsoft
www.youtube.com/user/shotguner50

Offline warmongererer

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 07:42:27 pm »
I'm in a venturing crew (venturing is part of the Boy Scouts of America Association) so naturally "be prepared" has been something drilled into my skull. Yet I find myself out airsofting one day and we stop for lunch... You get the idea readiness is not just having extra ammo or a side arm, it's remembering your lunch (and water). I now have a rule that whether there is a planned meal provided or not I pack a lunch anyway, and if I don't have it for lunch then I have it for dinner.

The following is more of a leadership and basic personal tactics lesson.

I was at a paintball event with a whole lot of people, and someone got the idea in their heads that my friend and I, who were discussing small fireteam and individual tactics, were super-experienced hot shots and we should lead some of them. Thinking some experience is better than no experience we took the job. Before the third game started. we decided we would flank right and sweep them from the side. When the whistle blew we started to run to our positions with my friend and me in front. we both get to individual "bunkers" when I realize the other people in our group are behind the same peice of cover as me. Any one who has seen the first five minutes Blackballed knows how bad this can be. by the time I realized what was happening the opposition had us pinned down. luckily we were able to eventually get out because they did the exact same thing. The lesson here is when you are the leader of a team, big or small, don't assume your team knows what you want them to do if you haven't told them, espescially if they are new. The other lesson is don't double up on a piece of cover, and shoot while low around cover not over whenever possible.
Necro bad!!? I'm a level 48 wizard that specializes in necromancy.

Offline EightBall

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 02:49:44 pm »
yeah warmongererer,  you'll never stop hearing people say "spread out"  "10 feet apart".  Seasoned players get it more than new players, but when you stand around chatting one aeg burst will hit you and everyone within 4 feet.

So spread out!
Operation Eastwind VII - U.S. 1st Sq. 315th Radio Relay Co.
Wasteland 3 - Crooked Crows:  Come join our murder
Operation Eastwind VI - US 3rd Sq. 315th Radio Relay Co.

815th Milsim Group

Number of fighting holes dug for airsoft:  2

Offline zulu058

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 05:58:02 pm »
Don't be too overcautious.

As a sniper, I tend to assume people will hear or see me at further distances than anyone realistically does. It's airsoft—no need to crawl at 2 meters a minute.

Still working on this one. ;)

Offline DrRockso94

• The Poopfoot
  • The Rock'n'Roll Clown
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 10:42:49 pm »
I brought my m4 to Wasteland in case we got more ammo than I expected (we didn't btw) or if my or my friend's pistol went down for some reason and when I got there I realized I forgot the mags :(
7 Feelgood points

You might be an airsofter if you've got an entourage of friends to whom you would strongly consider entrusting your life in a gunfight, but you still don't know their actual names.

Offline PorkChop

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 08:39:29 pm »
Never.  Ever.  Bring an untested, unchrono'd, brand-spanking new aeg to the field.  The stock lubricant gummed up the barrel and by the end of the second game, my range was about 10 feet.

Offline Poolboy

• Have you seen my baseball?
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • where i've been the past months
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 11:02:21 pm »
Never use a fish as a grenade. It might get you in trouble.
Quote from: redtail
Sure, sure. "I just need to clean a few more pools, Redtail, then I'll have enough money to buy regular swim trunks so that Mr. McCarthy down teh street stops staring at me."

Offline Austin Powers

• Even bigger loser
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 09:53:17 am »
Never use canned nuts as a  distraction device, you lose nuts and some blood
I love Feelgood in a weird way no homo......

Offline WPStutzman

• T.H.A.T Trigger.Happy.Airsoft.Team
    • follow me on twitter!
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 12:20:04 pm »
At red dawn i was walking all the way back from the safezone into the field and when i was almost there after the long walk i relized i had my barrel sock on and my safety on and i had forgotten all my mags so i had to walk all the way back to the safe zone get my mags then go i was pretty mad cause it was near the end of the game

We then had to walk back and get my barrel sock and mags after we had gotten yours.

OPS:
 Red Dawn 2

Offline jellybean

• SFC Rick Rabies
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 01:51:28 pm »
heres my story. however not airsoft. if this is...irrelavent or too much mods can remove/delete.
this might be beneficial though for anyone that enjoys from an eye opener.

iraq/kurkuk. march 3 2006
we had a large scale city sweep for some socalled members of the deck of cards.
it was during the day. we drove to a small operating base and after a breifing flew off in the birds.
we landed in some fields. 4 birds total, a squad per bird. everything was coordinated and planned before jumping....
but when we got onto the ground. our squad split into its 2 teams. one team went to the house to the left. bravo team (us) went right.

my team leader was shouting that he will take point and stack on the side of the house as we sprinted up to the house.
jam up then kick the door.
i get to the side of the house....guess what....saw gunner is fiddling with his gun. belt fell out :O WTH?!
team leader jus now charges his rifle...this is where i lose confidence in my team/squad/platoon , all these mr. highspeeds with big mouths are showing their real ability... ???
this is the time we need to be at highspeed and excel in movement over the "so calleds" but nooooo

here is my lesson. i reached the house first. as the rest of the team got to the house wall. there was a large window ...several people inside that saw us stacking.
i had to move, i cant let them have a headstart inside, we could meet gun to gun you know what i mean. my thought was, "this could be really bad if dont go now"
i being the first to the house corner became point man. i counted off and ran to the door. saw gunner ran around and kicked the door. i ran in path of least resistance and yelled in kurdish "get down!"
they werent surpised, they saw us in the window...they werent bad guys. they were people jus chilling. but they saw us first before we saw them...
house cleared. all is well. bad guys where in teh other house......

WHAT IF. that was the house. stacking on the side of the house and they saw us in the window. oppurtune time for them to grab every weapon and fight....
....no1 else even noticed the large window......
145gr @ 1400fps...they call their shots now...