October 16, 2018, 09:37:56 pm

Author Topic: Getting into WWII airsofting  (Read 1879 times)

Offline J.Blake

Getting into WWII airsofting
« on: December 04, 2011, 04:40:32 am »
I need a bit of advice,
   I'm from east-central Illinois and there are no WWII airsoft groups around that I can find in my area. I have no problem driving north for a game, but I have the issue of trouble locating groups. Before I go out and buy a bunch of equipment I would like to find a group that would be willing to take a member. Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    J.Blake

Offline Dash (GRUMPS)

• Collector of only the finest in Cold War militaria
Re: Getting into WWII airsofting
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 03:32:00 pm »
Honestly, you may be better off doing reenacting.  There is barely enough interest in Vietnam airsoft and even less of an interest in WWII airsoft, unfortunately.  Nothing is stopping you from coming out to a game in WWII kit, though.

Offline J.Blake

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:53:04 pm »
I do like the group feeling. Thanks for the heads up about just sticking to reenacting. Another question, is there any country that is over-represented in WWII airsofting?

Offline Kilo31

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:41:20 pm »
Nazi Germany is attempted the most I have seen.

Seems to be the most readily available guns are German models.

American guns, minus the Thompson, are pricey as all get out and we are just now seeing some AEG British stuff coming out.

I would do anything to get my hands on a Marushin M1-Garand, I just don't want the several hundred dollars torn from those same hands!
"Ain't no room for Peter Pan on this hunt"

Offline J.Blake

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 01:34:39 am »
Thanks for the info! And I'm seeing that anything other than a Thompson will cost an arm and a leg. Better start working on those new limbs.

Offline Dash (GRUMPS)

• Collector of only the finest in Cold War militaria
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 11:20:14 am »
US and Russian weapons are also gaining popularity.  ICS is making an AEG M1 Garand and has recently released an M3 sub-machine gun.  They are supposedly in the process of making a Lee Enfield SLME springer as well.  Zeta Labs has been making the whole line of Springer Mosin Nagants as well...I owned one and it was worth the money (regardless of what other people will tell you) but sold it due to lack of interest in WWII airsoft.  Supposedly there is also an SVT40 AEG in the works as well...

Offline J.Blake

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 02:58:35 pm »
Thanks for giving me some stuff to look for.

Offline Gunny918

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 05:21:19 pm »
If you're still interested, I'm as of right now building my WWII USMC kit. And so far it's been cheap compared to other loadouts of mine. Even if you don't have a large group of guys it would still be interesting. I once saw a group of guys at a game in Michigan decked out in 1980's Soviet gear and weapons.