November 13, 2018, 06:02:34 pm

Author Topic: performance between stock kwa and systema magnum motar  (Read 5092 times)

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
Re: performance between stock kwa and systema magnum motar
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 10:00:05 pm »
I've done two. One had a few severely damaged gears, and the other is still making some godawful rattle-grinding noise that I can't pinpoint. I tried to shim the thing, adjusted gear timing...

The only thing I can come to is that the bushings are either elongated or damaged, or that there's something stuck inside the motor.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Chavez [303]

• Dont mess around with CNR!
  • Global Moderator
  • The ball cracker...death on foot...
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:28 pm »
I said it right in my post.  Two.  One was after an 11.1 lipo and the wiring contact was completly scorched and burned off.  The guy tended to use the gun as a SAW and just lay on the full auto.  I didnt get a make on the lipo but from the look of the internals on the gun i seemed to me a quality one with a large discharge rate. 

The lipos from evike have very low discharge rates when compared with others from quality battery dealers like onlybatterypacks.com. 

The other KWA i worked on suffered a stripped sector gear.  four teeth that mesh with the spur gear had stripped off.  It was being used with a regular 9.6v battery.  Nothing special about it.
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

https://www.facebook.com/CactusArmsAirsoft

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 10:15:53 am »
The ones I worked with were both using intermittently 9.6's and 8.4's.

Offline CHAOSNINJA

• It Smells Like Victory
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 04:34:51 pm »
Well I just got a KWA and it's incredible.  They say it can take Li-po's out of the box so you know it's got a strong gearbox.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 05:21:27 pm »
They say it can take Li-po's out of the box so you know it's got a strong gearbox.

The FDA also assured us two months ago that contaminated Heparin would be removed from the consumer medicine market.

It probably does have a tough gearbox, but I'd bet'cha a dollar to a dime that the CA factory shell is twice as tough.

ANd by the way, 8mm bushings still haven't been marketed as a common size yet.

Offline Chavez [303]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 05:56:20 pm »
i could have sworn we just had this "Li-po Ready" conversation before. 

Just because it says it doesn't make it so.  The stock wiring on these guns is only rated to 18c amps.  my 9.6 NiMH battery dos 30c.  Until they make a gun with wiring rated capable of 40c amps i wont consider it lipo ready.
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Offline CHAOSNINJA

• It Smells Like Victory
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 08:52:12 pm »
We did Chavez, I'm not saying get a Li-po I'm saying that it can handle the power which usually means that it is built better.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 09:03:34 pm »

We've had this conversation about four times in the last two months. And we've said the exact same thing, at that.

XD

The KWA guns aren't bad. Nobody's saying they are. THey're probably tougher at the shell leven than a Marui, by a measurable amount. They use 8mm bushings, which give the user the ability to dissipate heat from wear a bit quicker while using a heavier spring that might otherwise damage 6mm ball-bearings.

HOWEVER
They are not the Godbox gun.

Airguns are like cars. You don't buy one and expect it to be absolutely wonderful for straight-up competition right away. Granted,s ome will be better than others. Some will be MUCH better than others. However, you'll often find that there's a reason that they make hundreds of different guns, and similarly, hundreds of different cars.

And just because someone tells you a car's ready for a turbocharger or nitrous, doesn't mean you can drop one in and expect it to work terribly well. It might be PARTICULARLY EASY to turbocharge a car, because the manufacturer included extra programming in the fuel computer, and heavier pistons, and the physical space, but you'll still need to teardow the motor and replace the rings and bearings, new head gaskets, turn the crankshaft, et-cetera.

But in this case, I think he's just indicating that it'll be safe using a magnum motor.

Offline coinstarp

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 08:02:26 am »

We've had this conversation about four times in the last two months. And we've said the exact same thing, at that.

XD

The KWA guns aren't bad. Nobody's saying they are. THey're probably tougher at the shell leven than a Marui, by a measurable amount. They use 8mm bushings, which give the user the ability to dissipate heat from wear a bit quicker while using a heavier spring that might otherwise damage 6mm ball-bearings.

HOWEVER
They are not the Godbox gun.

Airguns are like cars. You don't buy one and expect it to be absolutely wonderful for straight-up competition right away. Granted,s ome will be better than others. Some will be MUCH better than others. However, you'll often find that there's a reason that they make hundreds of different guns, and similarly, hundreds of different cars.

And just because someone tells you a car's ready for a turbocharger or nitrous, doesn't mean you can drop one in and expect it to work terribly well. It might be PARTICULARLY EASY to turbocharge a car, because the manufacturer included extra programming in the fuel computer, and heavier pistons, and the physical space, but you'll still need to teardow the motor and replace the rings and bearings, new head gaskets, turn the crankshaft, et-cetera.

But in this case, I think he's just indicating that it'll be safe using a magnum motor.
My whole point earlier in this thread was that KWA has actually went out of their way to make a higher performing gun. The wiring is better than other stock guns (better than my ICS 16ga), the 8mm bearings are durable (never heard of anyone having problems with them), and the stock gears are strong. I don't by any means think it is a "god gun", and I don't think any gun will last that long at 25rps, but some effort did go in by the manufacturer to make it more durable than the competition. Honestly the majority of broken KWA's I've read about on the net (and one I've seen in person) have a stripped piston, which happens with every type of gun. Suffice to say, I'd still take an ICS over it, just because when my piston does strip I can replace it without dicking with the anti-reversal latch or anything (I have a spare upper GB so it takes less than 30 seconds).

Offline CHAOSNINJA

• It Smells Like Victory
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 08:21:59 am »
Thank you Coinstar, I agree.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 11:10:12 am »
I honestly prefer my CA with a Deepfire fibrous polycarbon piston and titanium-laminated steel teeth. Been four years on one piston, only part in the gun I'd trust with my life. ^__^

Offline coinstarp

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 12:02:36 pm »
I honestly prefer my CA with a Deepfire fibrous polycarbon piston and titanium-laminated steel teeth. Been four years on one piston, only part in the gun I'd trust with my life. ^__^
Sounds like a hardcore piston. Sometimes I wonder why all pistons don't have metal teeth.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:31:25 pm by coinstarp »

Offline 1shot2kills

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 12:26:47 pm »
because a polycard tooth stuck in the gb will do less damage then a metal one
and its cheaper to replace a piston instead of a gear set
PTW's are just like Ferraris. Look great, cost tons of money, and can be completely dominated by things half the price

I wish I could afford BF3. I buy groceries and illegal slave-children instead.

Offline Chavez [303]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 12:28:02 pm »
Its cheaper to manufacture a piston with plastic teeth as well.  Its all about the overhead.  I use the AE high-speed Aluminum piston.  No problems or complaints about it yet.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 02:27:32 pm »
Mine only cost $29.99.