February 18, 2019, 11:12:06 pm

Author Topic: Battery life?  (Read 3446 times)

Offline mtfPL

• Callsign - Bishop
Battery life?
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:31:22 am »
Since this is my first AEG I'm not sure if batteries are supposed to perform like this.. but I have a 2000mAh intellect small type 9.6v battery even tho my gun is a large type battery. I'm not sure if that is the cause, but once fully charged, it won't even last through an entire hi-cap. The gun is a ICS L85A2 and I'm just wondering if I have a faulty battery. I know I've seen videos of people shooting their guns for twice as long and I don't want to charge my battery every 20-30 minutes of so.

-Mike
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:33:21 am by mtfPL »
Echo 1 RPK

A&K M16A4 SPR

KJW KP-05

You mad bro?

Offline Kilo31

Re: Battery life?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 12:35:45 am »
What kind of charger do you have? Smart - Wall - any type in between?

I am 100% certain you improperly charged your battery, which is the source of your problem
"Ain't no room for Peter Pan on this hunt"

Offline Rhino217

• TEAM C.I.A. CPT
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:32:04 am »
You wont get a good charge with 20-30 mins at at time. It should take about 1.5-12hrs, depending on your Mah output and settings. A good rule of thumb is to look on your charger, take the Mah output and your battery mah and divide them and that will be your charge time. The easy route is to pick up a smart charger. It shuts off when the pack is fully charged.

Also, you may just have a bad battery too.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never care for anything else there after." - Ernest Hemingway.

Offline mtfPL

• Callsign - Bishop
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 07:06:50 am »
I actually do have a smart charger, im not sure what brand it is but it charges the battery in only 20 mins on the low setting... i think its the bat, or maybe 2000 mah is just not enough
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:09:42 am by mtfPL »
Echo 1 RPK

A&K M16A4 SPR

KJW KP-05

You mad bro?

Offline Nitiwat

• Sexy studmuffin <3
    • Feelgood's Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 08:20:39 am »
Good chance you have a faulty battery. Have you tried other batteries?

Offline mtfPL

• Callsign - Bishop
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 08:28:11 am »
No i havent tried a dif battery yet, i was gonna go to my local store king davids and pick up a large type battery this time. Do you reccomend any brand? I got about $60 to Work with. Also i wanted to ask, how long does the battery last for you guys?
Echo 1 RPK

A&K M16A4 SPR

KJW KP-05

You mad bro?

Offline Kilo31

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 08:50:32 am »
All depends on the Milliamps per hour or MaH

A large type 8.4v or 9.6v battery will last you days and days and days. Assuming it is charged on a lower amperage when you do charge it. And on a smart charger :)

"Ain't no room for Peter Pan on this hunt"

Offline Nitiwat

• Sexy studmuffin <3
    • Feelgood's Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 08:52:51 am »
It depends on the battery. I run 7.4v 1200mah lipos in my gun. I can usually finish two 30 minute games depending on how trigger happy I am.

Offline Chavez [303]

• Dont mess around with CNR!
  • Global Moderator
  • The ball cracker...death on foot...
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 09:02:28 am »
I actually do have a smart charger, im not sure what brand it is but it charges the battery in only 20 mins on the low setting... i think its the bat, or maybe 2000 mah is just not enough

Theres your problem....You fried your battery. 

You should never be able to charge a battery in under an hour.  If you have a 2000mah battery your charge rate should be set to a maximum of 2 amps.  THis would fully charge the battery in 1 hour.  When ever you go above the 1 hour rating on a battery you run the risk of frying it.  The smaller cells are even more prone to it than the larger sub-C cells. 

get a new battery and a better smart charger.
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

https://www.facebook.com/CactusArmsAirsoft

Offline mtfPL

• Callsign - Bishop
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 09:04:45 am »
All depends on the Milliamps per hour or MaH

A large type 8.4v or 9.6v battery will last you days and days and days. Assuming it is charged on a lower amperage when you do charge it. And on a smart charger :)

If a large type performs this well then there is no way that my small type can only handle 150 rounds or so before discharging.. Im gonna contact evike about it cause thats basically $30 down the drain. Maybe this time ill pick up a battery thats not a pos
Echo 1 RPK

A&K M16A4 SPR

KJW KP-05

You mad bro?

Offline Chavez [303]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 09:07:28 am »
Thats the other problem..you bought a battery from evike.  They're fine for guns, parts, and sometimes gear...but do not buy batteries from them. 

If you're going to buy a battery stick to a reputable battery site:

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/
http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/

You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Offline mtfPL

• Callsign - Bishop
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 09:13:55 am »

Theres your problem....You fried your battery. 

You should never be able to charge a battery in under an hour.  If you have a 2000mah battery your charge rate should be set to a maximum of 2 amps.  THis would fully charge the battery in 1 hour.  When ever you go above the 1 hour rating on a battery you run the risk of frying it.  The smaller cells are even more prone to it than the larger sub-C cells. 

get a new battery and a better smart charger.

My smart charger is a tenergy, when i first recieved the battery i topped it off as it was almost fully charged out of the box, i threw it in the gun shot a few rounds and it was dead... I thought to my self wtf this cant be right but the battery was drained. I threw it on the charger on the .9 amp setting and it was,done within 20 mins.. That was,my first time using it and it was already acting up. Since that time i charged it only 2 times,and recieved same results.  i am gonna pick up a different battery and then see how it works but i dont.think the charger has anything to.do with it.
Echo 1 RPK

A&K M16A4 SPR

KJW KP-05

You mad bro?

Offline mtfPL

• Callsign - Bishop
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 09:19:17 am »
Thats the other problem..you bought a battery from evike.  They're fine for guns, parts, and sometimes gear...but do not buy batteries from them. 

If you're going to buy a battery stick to a reputable battery site:

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/
http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/

Did not know that i shouldnt buy batteries from them if i cant find anything at king davids ill order off of one of those sites. Thanks for the heads
up
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:23:05 am by mtfPL »
Echo 1 RPK

A&K M16A4 SPR

KJW KP-05

You mad bro?

Offline Chavez [303]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 09:42:38 am »
That tenergy smart charger is crap.  Its not a smart charger.

Its more of a "Slightly schooled" charger.  You need something that will allow you to control the exact amperage its outputing as well as detect peak charge.

Honestly, i think the battery is fine...your charger is crap.

Offline mtfPL

• Callsign - Bishop
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 10:09:07 am »
Damn so money wasted once again.. Lol w/e any        charger you recommend?
Echo 1 RPK

A&K M16A4 SPR

KJW KP-05

You mad bro?