July 20, 2018, 02:02:54 am

Author Topic: Would anyone vouch for a minor to attend OP Irene  (Read 2383 times)

Offline JJman319

Would anyone vouch for a minor to attend OP Irene
« on: May 30, 2012, 05:27:46 pm »
I don't ever want to be that annoying 13 year old asking about getting vouched for to go to a lion claws op (Specifically Irene)...I'm going to be that annoying 16 year old.  Just wondering if some team this year or next would consider taking an extra passenger.  I've have some military experience from Civil Air Patrol.  I'll try to give the smallest amount of crap as possible.  I understand this is a pretty big deal, and I would hate to impose on anyone. 

Offline Yoroiden

• Global Moderator
Re: Would anyone vouch for a minor to attend OP Irene
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:16:41 pm »
Vouching is a pretty big deal, as your actions reflect on whoever vouches for you.

Many Lion Claws alumni aren't too keen on vouching for someone they don't know in person, so if you want a shot at it, it's best to attend public events where there will be LC alumni present. Try to talk with them, let them know who you are, and see what they say. And understand that it may take more than one event for them to give you a final yes or no, and it's possible their final answer might be no.

I don't know if it's still good, but a few years ago this was posted on the LC forums:
"The age limit for LC Series events is generally 18. However, in some circumstances, under 18's have been admitted (LC Series "vet/alumni" vouch for them, Father-Son, member of an established LC Series "vet/alumni" team, etc...). Your best bet would be to contact John Lu directly and state your case, see what he says."
"Far better it is to dare mighty things.. than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

Elgin City River Rats
www.riverratsairsoft.com

Offline Tovarisch

• Forum Maid
  • Operate so hard OPFOR wanna find me. Dat sh!t cray
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22:35 pm »
Hey, just curious, what squadron? Fox Valley Composite Squadron here.
May your BMP flood at the first river crossing. May your chutes not open over the fertile plains of Germany. May all of your Submarines be issued with screen doors.

Offline JJman319

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:45:23 pm »
Hey, just curious, what squadron? Fox Valley Composite Squadron here.
I'm from Trail of Tears composite squadron.  We meet in Cape Girardeau Missouri.

Offline JJman319

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 08:55:48 pm »
Vouching is a pretty big deal, as your actions reflect on whoever vouches for you.

Many Lion Claws alumni aren't too keen on vouching for someone they don't know in person, so if you want a shot at it, it's best to attend public events where there will be LC alumni present. Try to talk with them, let them know who you are, and see what they say. And understand that it may take more than one event for them to give you a final yes or no, and it's possible their final answer might be no.

I don't know if it's still good, but a few years ago this was posted on the LC forums:
"The age limit for LC Series events is generally 18. However, in some circumstances, under 18's have been admitted (LC Series "vet/alumni" vouch for them, Father-Son, member of an established LC Series "vet/alumni" team, etc...). Your best bet would be to contact John Lu directly and state your case, see what he says."
  That's basically what I expected had to be done.  I just have no idea who to talk to.  I'm was hoping to maybe find someone to meet up with at an event some time. 

Offline JJman319

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 09:06:35 pm »

That's basically what I expected had to be done.  I just have no idea who to talk to.  I'm was hoping to maybe find someone to meet up with at an event some time.
Without imposing on anyone

Offline Chavez [303]

• Dont mess around with CNR!
  • Global Moderator
  • The ball cracker...death on foot...
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 09:12:05 pm »
Come to games.  You never know who is an LC vet.
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

https://www.facebook.com/CactusArmsAirsoft

Offline JJman319

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 09:42:26 pm »
Come to games.  You never know who is an LC vet.
I would but the only problem is that I live a couple hours away from the closest fields, and I have no car.  When ever I have appropriate means of travel, I plan to go to an OP every couple months. 

Offline Chavez [303]

• Dont mess around with CNR!
  • Global Moderator
  • The ball cracker...death on foot...
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 11:11:45 pm »
Those limitations may preclude you from making it to IRENE.
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

https://www.facebook.com/CactusArmsAirsoft

Offline breech

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 12:14:44 am »
i think you have to be over 18 to attend a lion claws/irene event anyway

Offline JJman319

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 09:43:49 am »
Those limitations may preclude you from making it to IRENE.
Well actually, I can fly anywhere free of charge.  That is my plan A for getting to Irene.  This year would probably not work out though.  I don't know any vets, and I still need to get a bit of cash.