November 14, 2018, 01:20:00 am

Author Topic: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Trippster

• Ministry of Un-Gentlemanly Warfare
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:56:07 pm »
My brother got me this book a while ago and i just started reading it. Is it just me or is it brilliant! Ill add a quote from a vampire that helps Abe hone his skills at hunting other vampires.

"Judge us not equally. We may all deserve hell, but some of us deserve it sooner than others"
redtail [09|Nov 01:22 AM]:   TRIPPS I ALREADY TOLD YOU THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FILMS
redtail [09|Nov 01:23 AM]:   The moaning and bodily fluids are symbolic of the director's struggle with heroin addiction.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
Re: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 11:23:31 am »
I am sooooo dragging my dad out to see this movie when it comes out... THe author was the one responsible for Pride, Prejudice and Zombies.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline airsoftmaniacman

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:04:33 pm »
I don't know what to feel about this... On one hand it is an out-of-the-box idea that could prove interesting. On the other, I feel like it somehow disrespects Abe Lincoln by associating him with a completely ridiculous idea.

My soon to be Magpul-ed KWA LM4.

Offline ragu

• Cool story bro
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:27:51 pm »
I would actually say it does a service to old abe.  The book makes the history some would find boring and adds in bits about vampire killing.  Same thing with pride and prejudice, they take a boring book and make it better.  In pride and prejudice and zombies, you get the main story, with some interesting bits of spice thrown on there.  That and sense and sensibility and sea monsters actually help people enjoy the topic.  Expanding someone's topic to new audiences is a great service to them, not a disservice.  Plus, there isn't much better of a president to look at than Lincoln. 
There's a good chance whatever i just said was sarcastic

Offline Trippster

• Ministry of Un-Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:29:34 pm »
I love a traditional vampire story, not this Twilight lovesick and brooding bullspit, but the apex predator, wolf-in-sheep's-clothing angle. If i can enjoy a nice story while learning about an important historical figure, that is a win.
redtail [09|Nov 01:22 AM]:   TRIPPS I ALREADY TOLD YOU THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FILMS
redtail [09|Nov 01:23 AM]:   The moaning and bodily fluids are symbolic of the director's struggle with heroin addiction.

Offline SamSakurai

• 105th Infantry Division
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 12:44:08 am »
Isn't it kind of broad and general to say that Pride and Prejudice is boring Ragu? I know tons of people who enjoy it, and I myself don't mind the movie. But then, I'm weird. Studying World War 2 or some guns or whatever crap one minute and watching Jane Austen the next, apperantly.
Callsign: Frost
Guns:
Matrix M4A1 (Tan)- "Reeves"
PC:
OD CIRAS (Maritime)

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 11:27:09 am »
Abraham Lincoln was a first-rate leader, and no matter how ridiculous the movie is, I do not feel it does him a disservice. Rather, it portrays him as a first-rate BAMF.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline ragu

• Cool story bro
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 09:19:12 pm »
Quite... see reference one. 
http://sharpwriter.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d33u2nl
His gallery has some good pics too, like the ever popular reagan riding a velociraptor. 

I've never read pride and prejudice honestly, I guess I probably should someday but I have no reason to want to
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:21:07 pm by ragu »
There's a good chance whatever i just said was sarcastic