August 15, 2018, 07:16:22 pm

Author Topic: Need a new LiPo charger  (Read 1465 times)

Offline AChotrod

• I have never played COD
Need a new LiPo charger
« on: December 15, 2012, 09:57:24 pm »
I had a free Dynamite LiPo charger but after 3 Charges its just flashing red and green and wont charge.  I know its not the batteries and the charger is done. What should I get? Dont want to spend a ton either just something sub 100 that works and wont burn my house down or kill batteries.
Thanks!

Offline deruty

Re: Need a new LiPo charger
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:27:27 am »
Something like an Imax B6 would probably be what you're looking for. I say like because there's literally dozens of lookalike chargers and have the same functionality and even basic configuration. In truth a lot of them even use the same board.

If you need dirt cheap though, those Imax B3 style chargers are also good, but slower at the charge rate and not as many charging options.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 11:27:00 am »
Chavez and I use the Thunder AC6. I forget who makes it, but it's a *sweet* charger. Programmable, interfaces with a computer via USB to collect data on the battery's charge cycle, has a thermal sensor to shut off the charger in the event of a peak overload, and cost like $65 shipped if I remember correctly. The only issue is, the adaptor that comes with it to run directly off of DC voltage is the wrong size in every single one I've seen, so you'll need an outlet or a power inverter.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Freshman101

• Twinkie, twinkie, cupcake
    • Airsoftforum.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 10:05:11 pm »
The Thunder AC6 is based off of the IMAX B6 charger. They are fantastic chargers, can charge more than one type of battery (Nimh/Nicad, Lipo, Lead, etc) and can be found for quite cheap. You can usually find them for about $20-$30 on Hobbyking.com. You need to buy a power supply with it, but those are cheap. They are programable for both voltage of the battery, as well as charge rate, usually ranging from 0.1amps up to 5 or 6amps.
Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Offline Reedy26

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 07:02:06 pm »
I use a Hyperion that I originally got for RC. It can charge all types of batteries, along with discharge, cycle, & store modes. Can also adjust charge/discharge rates along with peak detection. I think I paid right around $100 for it new. Also has a full digital display