June 22, 2018, 01:32:01 pm

Author Topic: ICS M1 Garand  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Dash (GRUMPS)

• Collector of only the finest in Cold War militaria
ICS M1 Garand
« on: December 22, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »
http://www.wgcshop.com/promotion/ics-m1.pdf

It's up for pre-order on WGCshop for $396. A very fair price IMO.  The above link is a PDF giving some details on the gun and it looks to be very high quality!

Offline Trippster

• Ministry of Un-Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: ICS M1 Garand
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:47:34 pm »
Sexy.
redtail [09|Nov 01:22 AM]:   TRIPPS I ALREADY TOLD YOU THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FILMS
redtail [09|Nov 01:23 AM]:   The moaning and bodily fluids are symbolic of the director's struggle with heroin addiction.

Offline Poolboy

• Have you seen my baseball?
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • where i've been the past months
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:25:27 am »
I would buy it, but I'm not a WW2 type of guy.

Wait, I take that back. In AIRSOFT, I dislike WW2 weapoms.
Quote from: redtail
Sure, sure. "I just need to clean a few more pools, Redtail, then I'll have enough money to buy regular swim trunks so that Mr. McCarthy down teh street stops staring at me."

Offline Dash (GRUMPS)

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 02:47:28 pm »
I know a lot of people feel that way and in my honest opinion it's a shame. There's no reason for companies to make anything but M4s, SCARs, and ACRs if people aren't willing to branch out a little a bit. There are a lot of unique weapons coming out in 2013 (assuming these companies stay on schedule) - PKM, M1 Garand, BAR, VSS Vintorez (from G&G), AK5, and I'm sure there are a lot more that I'm forgetting. People complain that no one makes anything but M4s but then people don't actually jump to buy anything else.

I really wish historical/themed airsoft would increase in popularity especially with the plethora of themed replicas that have been released in the past year and are planned to be released in the coming year.

Offline Trippster

• Ministry of Un-Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=41146
Its an Echo 1 BAR. Im not sure what company actually makes it yet but ill find out somehow. It might be the Matrix ones that Evike didnt import for whatever reason, just with some trades and actually available.
redtail [09|Nov 01:22 AM]:   TRIPPS I ALREADY TOLD YOU THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FILMS
redtail [09|Nov 01:23 AM]:   The moaning and bodily fluids are symbolic of the director's struggle with heroin addiction.

Offline Poolboy

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 03:01:08 pm »
I don't have an issue with branching out. My main reason for disliking them is thier ergonomics. They suck to begin with, and my left-handedness makes it even harder for me to use them effectively.
Sure, sure. "I just need to clean a few more pools, Redtail, then I'll have enough money to buy regular swim trunks so that Mr. McCarthy down teh street stops staring at me."

Offline Komissar

• RedRiot-CCCP Soldat
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 11:54:12 am »
^ they are not supposed to be ergonomic. They are historical. If you want ergonomics, buy a scar or an mp5, if you want a historical piece, get one of these guns.
No sir, of course that's not a suitcase full of Caviar and Russian Army gear...
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
http://www.waryall.com/
userbarz.com

Offline Poolboy

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 03:26:13 pm »
That's what I did. If I was who they were developed for, you bet 'yer britches I'd have at least ONE.
I understand that historical airsoft isn't nesecisarily about being an effective player, but spending 30 secondd trying to get my mag out isn't very appetizing.

Offline Dash (GRUMPS)

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 03:48:35 pm »
It really shouldn't take you 30 seconds to take your magazine out... Probably shouldn't be eating them either.

But again, if no one is willing to take the plunge for different guns, especially guns that are historical, why even make them? The fact that they're not ergonomic is reflective of the times they were used in. Function was more important than ergonomics, hell, look at the Thompson. An M1 or a BAR is probably not much more awkward to handle than an M14.

I think there is a competitive nature in airsoft that's a little too prevalent and that's compelling people to have little interest in a more authentic style of play.  Everyone sees everyone else using M4s, SCARs, and ACRs, so that's what they buy. I mean this is just my opinion but I've never understood the whole "airsoft is more realistic than paintball" thing and yet everyone is using the same exact gun and the only thing distinguishing the two teams is whether they're wearing tan or green. It essentially boils down to tan US guys vs green US guys.

I think more historical themed airsoft events, particularly WWII or Vietnam, which have similar requirements to reenacting would add some legitimacy to the hobby - Something like Eastwind but perhaps not nearly as time demanding and with a little more lax gear requirements.

I know it's unlikely to happen but a man can dream.

Offline lucky_13

• Why buy when you can build?
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 08:03:26 pm »
Ya, an M1 and and m14 are probably pretty similar to use  :D
But using a unique and expensive mag for a niche market might not be the best idea. And while you say it's a fair price, I see no reason for it to cost anymore then an M14, assuming they forgo the wood stock, which I would, given the choice.
If you'd like more people to play historical airsoft, then compromises must be made; m14s with cut-down mags for M1s, ect.
I think once echo 1 clones it, price will come down. And then I might get one, but not before my real M1.
I've never understood the whole "airsoft is more realistic than paintball"
To me, mags and pistols kinda sell it. Paintball just can't compete because of the ammo.
I think there is a competitive nature in airsoft that's a little too prevalent and that's compelling people to have little interest in a more authentic style of play.
authentic...wars are fought to impress your will on the enemy. That, to me, is the purest form of competition there is, and I think some players are not competitive enough. At open plays at least, there are way to many people staying in back, afraid to get their gear dirty. IMO, if you are there to airsoft, and not to replay a historical battle, you shouldn't be wearing a uniform you're afraid to tear. In the end, as close to dress up as it is, you should be trying to beat the enemy.

To be clear, I love and respect reenactments and reenactmenters. But I don't think that gear that isn't going to be used or abused belongs in an airsoft game;

yet everyone is using the same exact gun and the only thing distinguishing the two teams is whether they're wearing tan or green. It essentially boils down to tan US guys vs green US guys.

I agree. I wouldn't mind putting gun restrictions on the average MAG or CAA game; and finally letting woodland be US. IMO friendly fire is real, deal with it. ID your targets better or be prepared to deal with the consequences.

ah...Eastwind. Yea, doing a weeking long game over a huge tract of land with in-game camping would be awesome.

EDIT - just noticed it uses a new gearbox too. One more strike against it; I'd be more interested in an M1/M14 hybrid, uses same parts and a M14 cut-down mag, but with a new stock set. Plus you could go between m1 and M14.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:14:02 pm by lucky_13 »
I ran off and joined the Marine Corps.
2/1 Camp Pendleton, 2171.

Offline Kilo31

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 09:44:06 pm »
I can appreciate compatibility with parts. But the ICS design of the M1 is new and innovated. It is something that hasn't been done before. I think it is a fair price for a 1st generation new design.

I think when Dash was referring to everyone so concentrated on winning, I think he meant in a more literal cut and dry meaning. Getting hit means you lose, and when you lose you suck. This mentality is far too big an issue. If you want to compare airsoft to real life, people die all the time. Look at war in the 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s and into this millennium. There will need to be sacrifices in order for the greater collective to complete it's goals.

People are willing to cheat just to stay alive, thinking they are winning. When in fact, they are losing much more. Very philosophical there :)

But back to the ICS. I like it, I want it. But will I buy it? Naw, I want other stuff more than this. Now that Echo1 BAR is sweet...
"Ain't no room for Peter Pan on this hunt"

Offline Poolboy

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 09:52:03 pm »
I don't think I suck when I get shot, but walking back to respawn (if there are respawns, that is) sucks. So does looking like a fool with your gun.

Offline EightBall

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 09:31:36 am »
11 day necro....

Does anyone believe that events could be held around here, call them a WWII event and the basic infantryman is a rifleman?  I mean bolt action rifleman, with or without scopes.  Then for every 15-20 people that have a rifle there can be several machine pistols and a single LMG.

For a different type of game I'd put a little money into a nice bolt action gun, its hard to say if other players would want to.
Operation Eastwind VII - U.S. 1st Sq. 315th Radio Relay Co.
Wasteland 3 - Crooked Crows:  Come join our murder
Operation Eastwind VI - US 3rd Sq. 315th Radio Relay Co.

815th Milsim Group

Number of fighting holes dug for airsoft:  2

Offline Kilo31

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 03:55:01 pm »
Anything is possible in terms of a theme. The problem is finding a host who will put restrictions on weapons and uniforms.

Look at MAG with the Best of the Worst series. Breech puts uniform restrictions to make the game feel more realistic but people still don't commit fully to that. Imagine trying to tell people that they can't use their semi auto AEGs and HPAs.

I would like to see more variety and things like this. It is a great idea until it comes to people buying stuff they don't necessarily want to buy.

*Edited because my last message was from my phone and I sucked it up on the spelling and grammar.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:33:31 pm by Kilo31 »
"Ain't no room for Peter Pan on this hunt"

Offline Mike-n-Ike14

• "DON'T RUN, YOU'LL JUST DIE TIRED"
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 06:21:04 pm »
"Just because war is hell doesn't mean you can’t have a little fun"-Chris Kyle
VFC HK416 IAR
TM P226
EF 1911
ICS MP5
G&G CM16