February 18, 2019, 11:28:57 pm

Author Topic: Standards for 7.4 lipo?  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Wolfie

• Still an idiot...
  • I'm Operator Enough.
    • Shotguner50 Youtube Channel
Standards for 7.4 lipo?
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:13:23 pm »
Alright so this summer I want to get started on a M4 project but it involves a 7.4 lipo. Do I have to get a new motor and a mosfet and all the fun yummy stuff or should it be fine since its a smaller lipo? Thanks for your time!
4: Don't bump anything. Only update. If you are caught bumping, Wolfie will rape your face. This is not a joke.
www.facebook.com/ironcityairsoft
www.youtube.com/user/shotguner50

Offline Vila

• Call me Duplex!
  • Time for some thrilling heroics
Re: Standards for 7.4 lipo?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:29:15 pm »
For a 7.4v lipo, you'll be fine with normal wiring and motor. I'd suggest keeping the C rating at or below 20c to avoid semi having occasional 2rd bursts. But granted, a better motor will always help ROF.

Boycott Cybergun!!

Offline Nitiwat

• Sexy studmuffin <3
    • Feelgood's Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 07:48:43 am »
Nothing you really need to do except a good shim job and correct the AoE. You should do that regardless of what batteries you're using anyways. When I still played, I ran a 11.1v 25c on a stock motor and wiring without a fet. Only electrical failure I ever had was loose contacts.  :(

Offline Genome

• IllestAirsoft
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 02:24:10 pm »
7.4v is sooo sloowww. You will be fine. It shoots like a 9.6 but a tad faster. Always get a new motor. People need to start thinking gearbox and car engines. They work in the same fashion

Offline Trippster

• Ministry of Un-Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 02:33:09 pm »
Clandestine airsoft has some Lonex motors in stock, and i hear great things about those.
redtail [09|Nov 01:22 AM]:   TRIPPS I ALREADY TOLD YOU THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FILMS
redtail [09|Nov 01:23 AM]:   The moaning and bodily fluids are symbolic of the director's struggle with heroin addiction.

Offline sneakytiger

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 06:19:00 pm »
7.4v is sooo sloowww. You will be fine. It shoots like a 9.6 but a tad faster. Always get a new motor. People need to start thinking gearbox and car engines. They work in the same fashion

i agree i currently run 11.1v 80c on two guns (they are RC batteries) (echo 1 xcr and a g&g ebb m4) and i have right at 20k rounds through them with that, no problems and my trigger contacts look just fine. before that i had about 40k in each on 11.1v 20c from evike with no issues as well. they never shoot more than once on semi or anything. maybe i'm just lucky but i dont see the hype of needing a mosfet although i do now have one installed on both of my guns.

Offline Wolfie

• Still an idiot...
  • I'm Operator Enough.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 08:06:05 pm »
Thanks for the tip, but could someone suggest a good charger that isn't going to break my wallet into pieces?
4: Don't bump anything. Only update. If you are caught bumping, Wolfie will rape your face. This is not a joke.

Offline Trippster

• Ministry of Un-Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 09:19:29 pm »
Thanks for the tip, but could someone suggest a good charger that isn't going to break my wallet into pieces?
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__6478__IMAX_B6_AC_Charger_Discharger_1_6_Cells_GENUINE_.html
I asked about it in the shoutbox earlier today and the general reaction was very positive.
redtail [09|Nov 01:22 AM]:   TRIPPS I ALREADY TOLD YOU THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FILMS
redtail [09|Nov 01:23 AM]:   The moaning and bodily fluids are symbolic of the director's struggle with heroin addiction.

Offline Wolfie

• Still an idiot...
  • I'm Operator Enough.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 11:49:04 pm »
Wow, that seems perfect! Thanks a lot tripps!

Offline Wolfie

• Still an idiot...
  • I'm Operator Enough.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 01:45:14 pm »
Not to double post, but will a 7.4 lipo help with trigger response? Im guessing it will but I want to make sure.

Offline Vila

• Call me Duplex!
  • Time for some thrilling heroics
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »
Not in a noticeable way, if at all.

Boycott Cybergun!!

Offline Wolfie

• Still an idiot...
  • I'm Operator Enough.
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 02:31:58 pm »
Darn, well I think I'll run the 7.4 for a while until I can get the gun "11.1 Lipo Ready". Then I will tear sh!t up!

Offline deruty

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 03:03:26 pm »
It can improve response depending on your motor. Since a lipo can burst and provide a large current for short periods of time if the start up motor pull is particularly high, it would be a noticeable improvement over a nimh battery which cannot burst as high. If you have a really nice motor though, you won't notice anything significant.

Offline Nitiwat

• Sexy studmuffin <3
    • Feelgood's Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 11:17:17 am »
It depends on how big your 7.4v is. For example, Genome's 9.6v 2300mah gave me a better trigger response than my 7.4v 20c 1100mah stick lipo.

Offline Yoroiden

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 09:48:54 am »
I personally find 20C 7.4v lipos to be a bit underwhelming in higher performing aegs.

I use a variety of 20C, 25C, 30C, 40C and 45C 7.4v lipos, and while the 20C batteries work fine in my stock TM and low powered cqb aegs, I usually need 25C+ batteries for the higher powered ones.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things.. than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

Elgin City River Rats
www.riverratsairsoft.com