February 18, 2019, 10:18:18 pm

Author Topic: Thunder AC6  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Quatro Quatro

Thunder AC6
« on: April 10, 2013, 04:58:28 pm »
Hello all I just got my thunder AC6 dual power smart charger and am wondering what is the best way to store my batteries charged or discharged?

Offline Quatro Quatro

Re: Thunder AC6
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:59:19 pm »
Ni-mh batteries*

Offline Chewy

• 303rd
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 06:17:07 pm »
NIMH batteries are fine left with charge on them so it won't really matter what state you leave it in.
I do any Bolt-Action Sniper rifle work. Specializing in VSR type repairs and upgrades. Contact me through PMs.

Offline Quatro Quatro

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 06:20:26 pm »
alright i figured as much but wanted to get opinions 

Offline Nen00

• Gas Guns Are Awesome!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 07:50:50 pm »
I was told to discharge the batteries before you charge them so you will not have too much of the memory effect.

Offline Kilo31

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 08:25:25 pm »
I was told to discharge the batteries before you charge them so you will not have too much of the memory effect.

That really only applies to Nickel Cadmium or NiCd batteries. They have an issue with capacity if not properly discharged before being charged again.

By airsoft standards these days, if you still run NiCd batteries then you are way behind
"Ain't no room for Peter Pan on this hunt"

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 10:29:16 am »
Kilo, that's like saying, "If you run a diesel engine, you're way behind the times".

Nicad packs do suffer minor trouble with memory buildup, but they suffer less from the cold than NiMH batteries do. They're also less expensive.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Poolboy

• Have you seen my baseball?
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • where i've been the past months
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 11:01:20 am »
Hey Quatro, there's an edit button on the bottom-left of your post. Not trying to be the Nazi of the forum, but it helps keep things neat and streamined.
Quote from: redtail
Sure, sure. "I just need to clean a few more pools, Redtail, then I'll have enough money to buy regular swim trunks so that Mr. McCarthy down teh street stops staring at me."

Offline Kilo31

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 11:19:50 am »
Kilo, that's like saying, "If you run a diesel engine, you're way behind the times".

Nicad packs do suffer minor trouble with memory buildup, but they suffer less from the cold than NiMH batteries do. They're also less expensive.

Red, when is the last time you heard NiCd come up in coversation of recommended airsoft batteries? My point being, compared to what is available today, NiCd is not on the top of the list.

Offline Quatro Quatro

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 11:14:43 pm »
Hey Quatro, there's an edit button on the bottom-left of your post. Not trying to be the Nazi of the forum, but it helps keep things neat and streamined.

I know but when I made the thread it was on my phone and i was on the go so i put it as a comment

also if anyone has this charger is it worth trying to go through trying to get the softwear for my computer??

Offline sneakytiger

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 08:50:14 pm »
if nicd batteries aren't as good, then why does systema sell them as the reccomended batteries for their ptw's? I've heard its because they tend to have higher discharge rates compared to nimh batteries? I have a ptw nicd battery, and it outperforms other 9.6v batteries I have by a noticeable amount in rate of fire. I dont know the exact numbers, but its right in the middle between a 9.6v nimh and a 11.1v 15c lipo

Offline Kilo31

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 09:56:24 pm »
The only real disadvantage of NiCd is that they should be discharged before recharging because of a lasting memory effect on the cells.

Offline sneakytiger

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 11:32:46 pm »
discharge rates... meaning they pack more punch :P like 30c discharge rate compared to 15c

Offline Trippster

• Ministry of Un-Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 01:15:17 am »
I think the discharge rate on that battery has more to do with the quality, i would expect PTW batts to be better made than your run of the mill airsoft battery. But that is just a guess.
redtail [09|Nov 01:22 AM]:   TRIPPS I ALREADY TOLD YOU THEY ARE INDEPENDENT FILMS
redtail [09|Nov 01:23 AM]:   The moaning and bodily fluids are symbolic of the director's struggle with heroin addiction.