December 17, 2018, 12:54:13 am

Author Topic: L96 parts?  (Read 1220 times)

Offline HONEYBADGER

• Watched Act of Valor
L96 parts?
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:40:54 pm »
Hi guys, I recently got a spring L96 in a trade, but the bolt is busted, where can I find a good CHEAP upgrade for it?(I know about the PDI ones, but they're like 200.) . Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
 -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Vila

• Call me Duplex!
  • Time for some thrilling heroics
Re: L96 parts?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 02:15:59 pm »
Being a bit more descriptive of the problem might help in pointing out parts you'd need to get it working again. What specifically is/how is it broken?

Boycott Cybergun!!

Offline HONEYBADGER

• Watched Act of Valor
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 10:41:36 am »
Well, I got this gun in a trade, but the bolt has a crack in it, the gun doesn't shoot when I pull the trigger, the bolt is wobbly and such, the original owner told me it would need a new bolt.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
 -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Vila

• Call me Duplex!
  • Time for some thrilling heroics
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 01:47:01 pm »
The trigger issue is a bad sear, by my best guess. If you can find it and afford them, get a set of Deepfire sears. Or, if you REALLY wanna go all out, get a Zero trigger pack. I'm not positive, but I think all L96 makes take the same upgrades, so also look for those that are for an "APS2".

Boycott Cybergun!!

Offline Sinjhin

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:21 am »
Vila is right with the exception that the Tokyo Marui based L96 rather than the Maruzen-based ones (all the clones) are slightly different. And yeah, most APS2 parts will work.

Here is your upgrade guide: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/L96-upgrade-disassembley-t156035.html

Evike has a complete upgrade kit for $120 made by Angel, so that is the cheapest I found. However, I have not installed mine yet so I can't speak for how it works.

To really make a sniper rifle out of it you will also need a barrel and good hop-up. Angel also makes a hop-up that is supposed to be just as good as a PDI one (they look identical) for way cheaper. The hop-up will allow you to use AEG barrels.

One last thing, you will need a metal trigger box and a good set of sears with that first kit I linked. Otherwise your gun will just break. The Laylax zero trigger is hella expensive. Well made an upgraded metal trigger assembly that I got for $20. Angel also makes a metal trigger box, but it doesn't come with the internals, so you would still need a sear set with that.