August 15, 2018, 07:16:49 pm

Author Topic: Chrono question..  (Read 1677 times)

Offline BSDI Joker

• Workin' in the fields... massa got me workin'...
Chrono question..
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:08:08 pm »
I had one question about the chrono procedures so that I could be sure about this.

if I leave my back up gun out in the car for if my primary breaks down, can I chrono it at any time? Becuase if I don't HAVE to chrono it at daybreak, I would just leave it in the car until I needed it and then if my primary breaks down, go out and get it, chrono it at the station and then go back out onto the feild. I just wanted to make sure so that way I took as little time as posssible in the morning chrono lines.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
Re: Chrono question..
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 01:24:17 pm »
The chrono stations might not be manned all day, but you can almost always track down a referee to monitor your chronograph attempt.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Chavez [303]

• Dont mess around with CNR!
  • Global Moderator
  • The ball cracker...death on foot...
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 03:21:48 pm »
My advice is to bring all guns you want chrono'd to the station right away.  before you even get geared up and setup camp (if your showing up Saturday).
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

https://www.facebook.com/CactusArmsAirsoft

Offline Zasany

• Roman Catholic
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 09:48:26 am »
Do they chrono you right after you sign in? cuz then do we have to have like our batteries in our guns before we sign in or something? And also, any suggestions about what to carry our guns in with if we don't have gun bags?

Offline Chavez [303]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:27:41 am »
Its very simple...

You arrive, get out of your car and head for the check-in desk.  Once you're checked in go back to your car and get your guns, batteries and one empty magazine for each type of gun.  Head over to the chrono station and get your guns checked (Remember your goggles!).  Once that is done you're free to gear up and wait for the safety briefing.

If everyone does this there will be minimal lines at the chrono station and things will move a lot faster!  The reason there's a large line is because everyone waits till the last minute to chrono!
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Offline caveman

• MAA Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:59:58 am »
Do they chrono you right after you sign in? cuz then do we have to have like our batteries in our guns before we sign in or something? And also, any suggestions about what to carry our guns in with if we don't have gun bags?

You can pick up a decent (for airsoft) hard gun case at nearly any outdoor/hunting store (And most Walmarts I think) for around $15-$20. It's one of the cheapest and most important accessories you can get for your airsoft guns. There is no excuse not to have one.
MS40 Rangers

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 01:25:28 pm »
It's HIGHLY recommended that you have some kind of sleeve or hardshell case to put your guns in. If you can fit multiples inside one case, that's good. If you want to buy one case for every gun, that's great. Just make sure you have something more legitimate than a styrofoam cube with a cardboard top.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline BSDI Joker

• Workin' in the fields... massa got me workin'...
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 01:28:16 pm »
That reminds me, I need to price a Pelican Case for my M249.....

Offline Chavez [303]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 01:54:23 pm »
you talkin a couple hundred for that one.....i've already checked.  ;D  About 500 or a little less after shipping.

Anyway, back on topic:  As soon as you are done registering chrono your guns!  ALL OF THEM.  I dont care if you dont ever plan on using it.  You brought it with you so there must be some off chance of it being fielded.  Get them chrono then you can gear up and horse around.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:56:25 pm by Chavez »