July 20, 2018, 02:00:23 am

Author Topic: Leadership  (Read 8921 times)

Offline Deltasniper

Leadership
« on: July 16, 2008, 06:50:24 pm »
This may sound like a weird question for some one going to their first Thunder, but...

i Have been the captain of my own airsoft team for 4 years now. i just moved away from the team so i am no longer the head of the team. I have the leadership qualities( not sounding stuck up but  years as an army brat will give u insite into leadership) I was wondering if it was possible to become a squad leader or better  for the US i heard they havnt done well latly and it shames me to hear that kind of news. id love to turn it around for the americans this year.
Death Waits in the Dark
De Oppreso Liber
These things we do that others may live

Offline Downtown

• I AM "CHIRO"
    • Downtown Tactical
Re: Leadership
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 07:18:49 pm »
Anyone else hear Glory, Glory playing in the background :D

Offline Deltasniper

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 07:21:39 pm »
lol heck my whole families military lol i got medically dq for some bs and couldnt get in so now my only hope is law enforcement but i mean seriously id take a squad leader or sarge or hell even a golden bar if offered
Death Waits in the Dark
De Oppreso Liber

Offline SWAT A4

• T.E.S.T. Leader
    • Amplified Airsoft - International Airsoft Website
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:01:33 pm »
Just be a "leader" on the field, grab some people, and guide them in the right direction.

Lead with honor.
U.S. Forces, I carry a bigger gun than FoxBoi's stick.

Offline Downtown

• I AM "CHIRO"
    • Downtown Tactical
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 09:54:32 pm »
Well said SWAT!  Well said!

Offline BSDI Joker

• Workin' in the fields... massa got me workin'...
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:07:24 am »
Well hell, if thats the case both me and my friend who are coming are more then qualified. He's an E-5 in the Army National Guard with roughtly 4 or 5 years in, and I am a E-4 on my 7th year right now. Plus I've been heading up Team SD3 for quite a while now.

Unfortunatly, it isn't just one or two leaders that are going to make the difference. All the leadership has to work together to get things done. And it is always true that you don't have to be in a leadership position to lead. I wouldn't recommend doing what SWAT said unless authorised by US Forces command. Becuase if you just take a group and go out, then you're off the grid and the US Forces have no idea where your at and what your doing.

Offline Tech

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 12:29:21 pm »
agreed joker. Just the cartel trying to get us more off balance. who are the people in leadership positions though? Im sure chavez but other than that...?

Offline SWAT A4

• T.E.S.T. Leader
    • Amplified Airsoft - International Airsoft Website
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 12:34:25 pm »
agreed joker. Just the cartel trying to get us more off balance. who are the people in leadership positions though? Im sure chavez but other than that...?

In that case...  Go sit in your base, and wait for our leaders to come and help :)

Nah, there are going to be people all over the field, you can do more damage rounding those loose people up, and giving them something productive to do.   Seriously.

They are loose, and off the grid already, take them on a mission, tell your C/O where you're heading.

Military rank has nothing to do with it, some are born to lead.
U.S. Forces, I carry a bigger gun than FoxBoi's stick.

Offline Tech

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 12:54:42 pm »
LOL...Im praying to have more vets this year.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 01:38:15 pm »
You're more than welcome to do as Chavez wants you to do.
Just remember, he's on our team. :D

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline BSDI Joker

• Workin' in the fields... massa got me workin'...
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 02:31:23 pm »
Swat brings up a good point there.

If you run across some slackers off galavanting around aimlessly, whip their butts into shape and orient them towards a positive goal. That would be benificial then having loose cannons running around the feild all helter skelter...

Offline Tech

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 03:54:37 pm »
True...younger guys seem to like to be told to do something "important" if they are just scattered anyways.

Offline Chavez [303]

• Dont mess around with CNR!
  • Global Moderator
  • The ball cracker...death on foot...
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 04:18:54 pm »
Younger guys will typically listen to the older guys...the problem is that many of them will need to have you tell them EVERYTHING.  They aren't advanced enough yet to be operationally independent.  that comes with time and experience.  My advice is, if you're a 'veteran', and you see some youngin's standing around guarding a spot 150' behind the front line, get a group of three or four together and move them out.
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

https://www.facebook.com/CactusArmsAirsoft

Offline Deltasniper

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 06:15:52 pm »
this all makes sense i was just asking cause i know most games i  have been looking at going to all have leadership postions open
Death Waits in the Dark
De Oppreso Liber

Offline Gingerbreadman

• My callsign is a kind of cookie.
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 07:18:07 pm »
I am sure that there is a private US forum that you can get access to if you are already registered on the US side. You will probably be able to get in contact with US squads there to see if they have a leadership position open. Otherwise, I'd suggest doing what Chavez, Joker, and Swat have already said. Be a leader in more than name only.