December 17, 2018, 12:54:32 am

Author Topic: TM VSR-10 Project  (Read 2223 times)

Offline airsoftmaniacman

TM VSR-10 Project
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:24:54 pm »
After contemplating for several years, I went ahead and purchased an airsoft sniper rifle. I'm hoping to turn it into something capable of hitting a torso-sized target at 300 ft (100m) at the field-safe 450 FPS. I've decided to upgrade it using PDI parts to minimize compatibility issues. Here are the parts I have so far:

-TM VSR-10 G Spec
-PDI Precision Palsonite Cylinder Set HD
-Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9*40

I would like to eventually purchase these:
- PDI VSR-10 300% Spring
- PDI VSR-10 430mm 6.01 TBB
- PDI V-Trigger for VSR 10
- PDI Barrel Spacers (G-SPEC / Bull Barrel)

It's been a few years since I've done some serious airsofting. After I started college, life got in the way, and I've been too busy to pay much attention to it. I did a lot of research several years ago, but I know the tech has progressed since then. When I left airsofting, KWA's 2G v-nub was the latest news in AEG accuracy, but now that I'm back I see that R-Hop is the new mod in town and even that news is a couple years old. What can I do to maximize the compression and efficiency for this spring rifle build? Do people still do the teflon mod?

Also, Evike sent me the VSR-10 with the standard orange tip. However, I intend on using the silencer that came with the G Spec to cover up an extended inner barrel. This leaves me with a VSR-10 that has a strip of orange paint halfway down the barrel of the gun, but not on the actual tip since I'm using the silencer. Is there a way to remove the epoxy-like orange paint from the VSR's metal barrel without damaging the black paint? The TM VSR-10 G Spec has become a rare and expensive gun, and I do not want to damage the gun's finish since finding a replacement will be next to impossible.

My soon to be Magpul-ed KWA LM4.

Offline Nen00

• Gas Guns Are Awesome!
Re: TM VSR-10 Project
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:12:50 pm »
Welcome back to the community!
Here's a link to the airsoft sniper forum -> VSR Rifles. They have tons of info on the website as well as experts on the platform.
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/41-vsr-rifles
Have Fun :D

Offline airsoftmaniacman

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 01:45:59 pm »
Thanks for the link!

I'm trying to remove the orange paint tip, but I don't want to remove the black paint underneath it. Is there a way I can do that? Or should I just carefully use nail polish remover or acetone? I understand the ramifications of removing the orange tip. I've done it to all my airsoft guns, and I never bring them in public.

Offline Aiden

• (^_-)☆
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 02:59:15 pm »
Thanks for the link!

I'm trying to remove the orange paint tip, but I don't want to remove the black paint underneath it. Is there a way I can do that? Or should I just carefully use nail polish remover or acetone? I understand the ramifications of removing the orange tip. I've done it to all my airsoft guns, and I never bring them in public.

If the Evike paint is anything like the last one I got, it's gonna be a PITA to remove cleanly. And even then you have to match the black paint afterward.

I vote just strip it all and repaint. Then it will all match. You don't have trades or anything to worry about covering up.

Offline airsoftmaniacman

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 03:10:48 pm »

If the Evike paint is anything like the last one I got, it's gonna be a PITA to remove cleanly. And even then you have to match the black paint afterward.

I vote just strip it all and repaint. Then it will all match. You don't have trades or anything to worry about covering up.

In the end, I decided to just purchase a PDI light outer barrel, which solves that issue. I still want to remove the orange tip though, so I'll take your advice and just strip the entire thing.

On a different note, I need to get this VSR-10 to shoot under 550 FPS w/ .20g for the Illinois events. What PDI spring will get me there? I purchased a PDI VSR 330%, but I'm afraid that might shoot over 550 FPS with the setup I'm going for. This will be the internals for this gun:

PDI V-Trigger
PDI Palsonite Cylinder Set HD
PDI 6.04mm Inner Barrel (430mm length)

I'm considering the 554mm length inner barrel to lessen the sound, but more importantly, because the 430mm length is out of stock for an indeterminate amount of time. However, the longer barrel will also change the potential FPS of my rifle. The PDI VSR 330% should give sub-550 FPS with the 430mm (I hope. I think it will, but I'm not quite sure.), but may exceed 550 FPS for the 554mm barrel. Which springs should I get for the 430mm and 554mm barrels?

Eventually, I plan on either flat-hopping or r-hopping this VSR-10, but I'll wait on that until I've done some more shooting with this rifle.