September 21, 2018, 08:42:05 pm

Author Topic: ct4  (Read 1609 times)

Offline snipes007

ct4
« on: May 28, 2007, 10:13:41 pm »
i was wondering can you pay on the day of the event or have to do it online. also can you rent guns or have to bring your own? Is ammo provided? i have a utg shadow opps sniper rifle spring with 450-480 fps is that enough to stand up to the competion?  Also i ahve full hunting camo is that enough to get me on the us team? thanks for the answers

Your face at CT4....Gringos!!! ©

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
Re: ct4
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 02:43:51 pm »
Hey, SNipes!

I've been sort of watching the CNT phenomenon unfold since the beginning, and here's how the whole thing works:

-You can pay basically any time, but the sooner, the cheaper.
-BUy ammo on-site, because Justin usually lowers his prices on game-day to encourage people to use the environment-friendly biodegradeable ammunition he sells.
-FPS is a safety thing, not a firepower thing. We've had gas rifles chronographing at around 380 before, and they're as accurate if not more than the monstrous 550-FPS M24 SOCOM clones.

If you can hit a tin can at or beyond 150 feet, then you'll do awesome as a sniper in the game. If you can hit a body-sized target reliably at that distance, then you'll do alright. If you have trouble hitting a body at 100 feet, then you will have problems.

:D

Good luck, and keep your head down!

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline snipes007

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:04:46 pm »
ok thanks, i will probably snipe, but im afraid im not gonna get the action i expect. I was wondering can anyone tell me like what they'll have me do as a sniper in my squad? What to expect? Am i pretty much gonna sit at the fort all day or am i gonna be sent out  to like snipe a certain person? Also is a spotter mandatory? cuz if my buddy cant go i wont have a spotter or  can they asign me one? or can a teamate spot for me? Sorry for all the questions but this will be my first CNT, adn i have no clue what to expect. the final questions is ami i prepared i have a UTG shadow opps sniper with a nice scope, i have a full faced paintball helm, gloves, and a tactical vest. If anyone has any experience as a airsoft sniper please post some tips to me thanks and hope to see you all at ct4

Your face at CT4....Gringos!!! ©

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 11:06:57 pm »
A spotter is 100% mandatory for all weapons over 400FPS, for safety reasons.
If your co-op can't make it out, then doubtlessly, someone will volunteer to spot for you. People are usually good about that.

My advice is to find a paintball chronograph machine and check your velocity, because you might not even be over 400FPS.

UTG tends to give their ratings with .12 pellets and cooled barrels, which are not very condusive to good performance. You'll want to test with .25s or .2s, preferrably .25s, because they're heavier, a bit more accurate, and tehy sting a bit more.

THe UTG Shadow Ops rifle should be adequate, from what I've read. it's relatively new, and unproven, so I can't tell you what to expect.

I would personally recommend that if you buy any sniper's rifle, that at some point within a year or two, invest in a gas sub-machinegun like a MAC-11 or an M93R. This will give you some much-needed punch at close-range, and allow you to continue fighting if you lose your spotter.

However, to play as a sniper, you've got to move. You've got to be able to get to where you're needed in minutes, so that you can provide good support to your team-mates under combat conditions, and you've got to be able to hide yourself well for ambushes.

My advice for play as a sniper is to stick close to your spotter, within visual contact at all times. If you don't have a radio, he will, so he'll keep you updated with targets and objectives. Know common hand-signals, and keep a close eye on how much ammunition you've got. YOu don't want to get caught with an empty magazine.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.