December 14, 2018, 01:11:39 am

Author Topic: What are the actual laws here in Naperville?  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Bseagull

What are the actual laws here in Naperville?
« on: May 07, 2014, 07:02:34 pm »
So I've found a few links about how the laws are in Naperville. I've had some buddies tell me that it's fine if you're on private property. They've also said that cops have walked through their games in forests and only asked them to hold their fire until the cop was out of the way.

However, my main issues right now are this document that says "The Naperville Police Department would like to remind residents that the discharge of any firearm in the City of Naperville is prohibited. This includes pellet guns, Airsoft guns, paintball guns and BB guns." This document as well as the municipal code that states anything firing a projectile is not allowed. However, that disqualifies even paintball guns, which we have fields for.

Does anybody have any other experiences or documents that say anything?

Thanks,
Bseagull

Offline seekandstroy

Re: What are the actual laws here in Naperville?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:42:07 pm »
Hello Bseagull. Here is what the Naperville Municipal Code says:

It shall be unlawful for any person to:

Concealed Weapons: Carry any concealed weapon in the City in violation of the laws of this State.
(1960 Code, §24.009)
Discharge of Firearms: Discharge any firearm or airgun in the City; provided, that this Subsection shall not be construed to prohibit any officer of the law to discharge a firearm in the performance of his duty; any person to discharge a firearm or airgun when lawfully defending his person or property; any person to discharge a firearm or airgun upon the premises of a target or shooting range approved or leased by the City Council.
(Ord. 80-53, 5-29-80)

library.municode.com/HTML/14853/level2/TIT10PORE_CH2GEOF.html#TIT10PORE_CH2GEOF_10-2-6WEFI
Mike "Shadow" Erdelyi
Angles of Death Marksman Team Leader