October 20, 2017, 02:46:07 pm

Author Topic: Fields of Play in the Chicagoland Area  (Read 12055 times)

Offline Chavez [303]

• Dont mess around with CNR!
  • Global Moderator
  • The ball cracker...death on foot...
Fields of Play in the Chicagoland Area
« on: December 02, 2008, 11:55:30 am »
I see this question alot so i decided to make a nice sticky on places to play in the Chicago area:

Fox Paintball

Fox Paintball Field
10389 Fox River Dr.
Millington, IL 60537

Events by Summit Lake Entertainment are put on here.  Its located in Millington, IL and about 30 minutes west of Joliet.  Field size is quite large and there is a decent variety of terrain.  There is a small village with several makeshift buildings that allows for a good CQB environment.

Field Velocity Limits \ Rules (Unless otherwise noted for specific games)

10 foot Minimum engagement distance

AEG/Gas guns - < 400 FPS with .2 gram bb's
Sniper - 400-550 with .2 gram bb's - Must be single shot/bolt action & either gas or spring powered - 100ft. Minimum engagement distance

Realms of Ruin Paintball

Realms of Ruin Field
19733 Bauer Road
Custer Park, IL. 60481

Events organized by Midwest Airsoft Guerillas are hosted here.  Located about 30 minutes south of Joliet, IL.  Field size is massive with lots of varying terrain.  A stream cuts through the field making for interesting play in the summer.  No "buildings" for CQB play but there are plenty of "bunkers" and foxholes.  The field is located near the Kankakee river and the ground is fairly sandy.  Often times you will deal with wet sand instead of mud.  If able to i recommend playing here at least once.

Sniper - 400-550 with .2 gram bb's - Must be single shot/bolt action & either gas or spring powered - 100ft. Minimum engagement distance

Challenge Park Extreme

CPX Sports
2903 Schweitzer Road
Joliet, IL 60436

CPX is a large paintball facility located in Joliet, IL.  Instead of one large field it is broken up into many smaller fields.  Airsoft play is allowed only on the last Sunday of the month.  Admission is currently $25.  Several fields offer CQB action including a simulated town.  All buildings are facades only.  There are no internal walls, only nets creating "rooms". 

Sniper - 400-500 with .2 gram bb's - Must be single shot/bolt action & either gas or spring powered - 100ft. Minimum engagement distance

Blast Camp

550 West 600 North (Nearest Intersection)
Hobart, Indiana 46342

Blast camp is a decommisioned Nike Missle base.  As such it contains actual buildings including several barracks, administration buildings, a motorpool, and other structures.  Several other playing fields have been constructed including a speedball field.  Field size is nominal and can be quickly become overcrowded with large turnout games.  For CQB it is one of the best fields in the area.

DMR - 400-450 with .2 gram bb - Must be PERMANENTLY modified to fire in semi-automatic only - 75 ft. minimum engagement distance
Sniper - 450-500 with .2 gram bb's - Must be single shot/bolt action & either gas or spring powered - 100ft. Minimum engagement distance

More fields will be added as I gather information.  If you have a public field you'd like to add PM me with all the required information.
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

https://www.facebook.com/CactusArmsAirsoft