July 20, 2018, 02:02:22 am

Author Topic: Uniform Questions  (Read 23449 times)

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
Re: Uniform Questions
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2008, 11:18:57 pm »
The one I use splits hairs up to 40 yards, but beyond that, its ROF makes accuracy a moot point.

That being said, I still think that ghillies detract from a sniper's ability to accurately tell when he's beens truck by incoming fire. It might not act like some magical wall that keeps snipers from feeling anything, but you can't deny that there is some serious interference, either.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline coinstarp

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2008, 07:44:34 am »
Accurate to 100 yards you say huh squadleader4? Interesting
Splits hairs 40 yards eh redtail? Interesting
I would like to see these rifles in action, but candidly I think a similar FPS upgraded AEG will have very similar range and accuracy, lacking some consistency but still much more combat effective.

Offline Thief

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2008, 08:51:53 am »
Ahundred yards dude? what are you shootin a stinkin co2 bb gun? i dont even think they shoot that far. yeah ill go with about 40-50 yards. so about that far away im not worried about other peoples aegs bc they cant shoot that far. and if they can thats a beasty frickin aeg. but getting off topic.

so are you guys telling me i shudnt wear a ghille? ive played in it before and i was hit twice, and i felt the hits. but he swears he hit me like twelve time. but i kno its not true bc he hasnt the greatest aim haha no offense
Convicts-Thief
Training to be Scout Snipers
Shoot to kill. Don't miss. Don't wound. Don't be seen.

Offline Ocelot

• I used to be kfc_sam
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2008, 10:17:58 am »
Just wear the ghille but walk around before the game screaming [and I mean screaming] your team name.

Offline Thief

« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2008, 10:22:35 am »
haha ok thanks dude. what are you running with?
Convicts-Thief

Offline squadleader4

« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2008, 11:34:10 am »
Theif, it is an upgrade mp5 custom! the thing is a beast and yes it will shoot accuratly to 100 yards! I know, we just had it out and we used a laser range finder.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... I've nearly been killed several times, so yeah I'm pretty though.

Offline Thief

« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2008, 11:46:57 am »
oh alrite well ill use my ghille but if sumone says im not calling shots ill take it off. id rather wear it for awhile tho. and yeah im running with .20's lowers accuracy but ups the range a tad. i thought about .25's but idk i hav to buy more bb's when i get ther tho so well see. hav you shot the utg beard man?
Convicts-Thief

Offline Thief

« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2008, 11:48:50 am »
squad leader i wasnt callin u a lier bro! i didnt mean to offend u either i was just sayin 300 feet (100 yards) is a pretty high range. but if your droppin targets a football field away more power to ya brother.
Convicts-Thief

Offline Hannibal Jones

• Kilo Unit - Squad Leader
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2008, 12:46:02 pm »
Squadleader....

over 100 yards would be really tough if you're going to chrono legal...and it depends on what you mean by accurate...Lobbing at a man-sized target in no wind, not what i would call accurate. Pop can - that's a little better.

at 550 fps (which would be a .20 rd) the bullet would be in the air over .6 seconds. That's enough time for gravity to drop it 8-12 ft without hop up. I've never seen a hop-up unit that could do that. AND a moving target would be really hard to lead correctly. All this is before wind is involved.

I hope you can back that up, because you'll be a great asset to the team with even 60% of that much range. But if you pull off a 100 yd shot you'll see a very suprised look on my face. And I will likely buy you a beer, or chocolate milk depending on your age.

Chad Schumacher -
Insert fart joke here
CT5 US XO
HUAH

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2008, 01:10:04 pm »
hav you shot the utg beard man?

Yes, actually. COnsistent range is generally between 120-150', depending on the grade of ammunition. Absolute range is generally somewhere between 150 and 200, again depending entirely on ammunition.

It felt a little creaky, to be honest, and it really didn't shoot far enough beyond the range of my AEG that I could justify not being able to engage targets beneath the 100' threshhold.

Offline Thief

« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2008, 01:13:10 pm »
yeah redtail im modin mine right now. i cant get the frickin clip to stay in place.
idsk wth is wrong with it.
Convicts-Thief

Offline deruty

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2008, 08:33:30 am »
You should probably start another topic for that then...

So back on to uniforms right  ;)?

Just a quicky to make sure, for other events as well, when they say woodland it doesn't have to be a US woodland BDU right? I'm just curious seeing as reading a different event it implied all woodland was US issued only.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2008, 08:41:51 am »
Generally speaking, the american pattern known as "woodland" is really the globally recognized "woodland" fatigue. Everyone else has their own name for it, because tehy might not speak English.

However, for the purposes of the event, I've been under the impression that anything with the same color balance and same basic pattern type was to qualify as a US camouflage, to avoid confusion.

Offline deruty

« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2008, 09:00:08 am »
Oh yeah the pattern is the same, but I mean if I play on the US side is it okay to have foreign nations ensignia and patches? I just thought there might be something off with a guy wearing a woodland BDU yet having different flags, rank ensignia, and name patch then US.

EDIT: On recap this is a rather dumb question

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2008, 11:26:10 am »
THat's alright.