August 15, 2018, 07:18:30 pm

Author Topic: Renting masks  (Read 2175 times)

Offline airsoftaddict

Renting masks
« on: July 27, 2007, 10:57:35 am »
I'm probably not going to be able to buy a mask before the game, but I heard you guys are renting masks. I was wondering, how much is it, and more importantly do you have the masks with the rubber bottoms? I cant aim with my SR-16 with those hard plastic bottoms.
(\__/)
( x x ) This is dead Bunny, if you think Bunny no longer has a
(")_(")chance of world domination, put this into your signature.

Offline The Boondock Saint

Re: Renting masks
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:57:53 pm »
Depends on age. If under 18 you must have a full paintball mask. If over, you dont need the mask and can wear goggles. So if you are over 18, you can go by with goggles.

Offline airsoftaddict

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 09:54:22 pm »
That's not what I'm asking. I know I need a mask, but I was wondering about RENTING them. I need to know how much it is, and if they have the ones with the rubber bottoms.
(\__/)

Offline The Boondock Saint

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 11:21:35 pm »
That's not what I'm asking. I know I need a mask, but I was wondering about RENTING them. I need to know how much it is, and if they have the ones with the rubber bottoms.

Ah, I assumed you might have a set of goggles or something already. Assumed wrong. If you have any friends who paintball, ask to borrow theirs.

Offline airsoftaddict

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 11:31:52 pm »
No I don't know anybody who plays paintball. But I really need to know if they will be renting the type of mask with the rubber bottom.
(\__/)

Offline SummitLakeFilms

• Airsoft Events & Films
    • Summit Lake Films
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 02:43:33 am »
The rental masks have the hard plastic bottom and are $5 for the weekend, courtesy of Sherwood Forest. You will rent/pay for them at the field.
Airsoft Event Promoter and Filmmaker
www.SummitLakeFilms.com

Buy American...or learn foreign languages.
Buy it Here:
www.combatsportsupply.com

Offline airsoftaddict

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 04:14:36 pm »
Awww maaan that sucks big time. My stupid SR-16 has a full stock so It's hard to aim with a mask.. have you had any experience with the masks? Can you aim with a full stock wearing it?
(\__/)

Offline FoxBoi

• *bang*
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 04:23:44 pm »
Awww maaan that sucks big time. My stupid SR-16 has a full stock so It's hard to aim with a mask.. have you had any experience with the masks? Can you aim with a full stock wearing it?

you seriously cant go out and spend 30 dollars on a decent mask?

If your worried about it... I would probably pick up a high mount to mount your scope on, then adjust the sights.
Cartel, tread softly... I carry a pretty d*mn big stick.

Leader of Kilo Squad (CT IV), 2nd Platoon LT. (CT V)

Offline Feelgood

• God of Sarcasm and Off-topicness
  • Two chicks at the same time
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 05:08:36 pm »
i got a hard pb mask, and im going to use a cantilever so i can use my reddot, do that
I've broken more bones, traveled more miles, thrown up more beer, lost more fights, and been rejected by more dudes who look like ladies than you have.

Offline Ocelot

• I used to be kfc_sam
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 05:12:10 pm »
I use a TM SR-16 and have the standard paint ball mask with the hard rubber bottom. It is really easy to get used to and is simple [I used the iron sights on it, no scope] Even a scope on normal mounts should be easy enough to use with the mask on, its no big. If you are so worried, borrow someone else's and shoot some targets in the backyard for 2 hours, it helps.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 09:26:03 pm »
I have a CStar 30mm point-scope attached to the rail installed inside the carry-grip. I can use it just fine wearing a paintball mask.

The only trouble here is that I can no longer use a paintball mask, due to the abnormal proportions of my skull... See, I'm kind of a pinhead. My head's really, really narrow. I can take a shot behind the ear, and it'll ricochet off of the lens inside and occasionally hit me in or near the eye, which sucks. Similarly, with all of the pressure of the mask pressing on the bridge of my nose, I either have to wear the mask loose enough that it falls off when I turn my head too quickly, or tight enough that it doesn't, but rubs the bridge of my nose off instead.

I've got a few options for this game.
In previous years, I've been able to sight-in with a paintball mask, but prefer the wearability of a shemagh/goggle combo. This year, I'll be wearing a butyl-rubber CBRN mask fitted with shatterproof lens-covers.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.