September 21, 2018, 08:25:11 pm

Author Topic: "Lone Survivor" & "The Finishing School"  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Mobius13

• "Initial Success or Total Failure"
    • Black Ice Operators Airsoft Private Military Company
"Lone Survivor" & "The Finishing School"
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:27:32 pm »
First, let me say that i do not nor have i ever wanted to be a Navy SEAL (well maybe a little at some point) I will be an EOD Officer, so I can relate to these books in that they provide valuble info and examples of how to live a positive and successful life. I personally believe that Navy SEALs are some of the best role models, not because of how badass they are (and don't get me wrong the are totally badass) but because of how professional they are and that they show pride and humility in all that they do. With that said, these books changed my perspective and attitude about the military and life, though I had already been in a military prep program for close to five years before reading them. "The Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell, recalls the events of his days at BUD/S then leads into the main story of the failed Operation Redwing and how it led to the death of 11 Navy SEALs and 8 Army Nightstalkers (Army Spec Ops aircrews). This is a tragic story but provides life lessons, inspiration, and details which it completely changed my attitude towards life. "The Finishing School" by Dick Couch, details the events of SQT (SEAL Qualification Training) as he follow SQT class 2-02 through "The Finishing School" as it is referred to in the Navy. What sets this book apart is that Dick Couch is a retired Navy SEAL, this allows him to better identify and describe the hardships the students go through that now mere observer could ever fathom.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:40:12 am by Mobius13 »
"Mobius" (Recon Operative, PR Coordinator, Ordnance-Weapons-Tactics Expert) BIO Airsoft bioairsoft.wetpaint.com