November 13, 2018, 07:18:42 pm

Author Topic: Roster  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Slapjack

• Formerly "Colorfulmoose"
Roster
« on: July 21, 2010, 06:42:26 pm »
It's getting down to the final weeks (just over 3 left until the game) and we still do not have the roster up. I realize Justin is a busy man, as is everyone else helping to organize this event, but this is getting ridiculous. In past years, we have had the roster up by this time and been able to start organizing things such as radio channels, maps, etc. Generally, the SLE staff is very good at organizing the games they host, but it's mistakes or slip-ups like this that make me not want to go to next year's thunder. I consider
Still tabulating coming very soon...
an insufficient excuse after a week and a half, AND after the private forums already took longer than expected to show up this year. This is not a personal attack on anyone, nor should it be taken that way, I am just speaking on behalf of myself and others who feel that we deserve to be updated on the progress.
Team Whiplash
Ann Arbor, MI

If you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...please go talk to an english teacher until you understand. If you know the difference and choose not to use them correctly, YOU'RE only showing YOUR apparent lack of intelligence.

Offline Chewy

• 303rd
Re: Roster
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:21:06 pm »
Maybe you can jumpstart things by sounding off in the private section area?
Start organizing your own team so that when the info is out, you can just insert yourselves into the roster without much need to prepare anything else. A lot of the things that the individual team can do to prepare for the event does not rely on the game info. So for right now, I'd say prepare what you have control over so that you can dedicate the needed time to preparation once game info comes out.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 07:24:58 pm by Chewy »
I do any Bolt-Action Sniper rifle work. Specializing in VSR type repairs and upgrades. Contact me through PMs.

Offline Chavez [303]

• Dont mess around with CNR!
  • Global Moderator
  • The ball cracker...death on foot...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 03:12:47 pm »
Do you want to be the US commander?
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

https://www.facebook.com/CactusArmsAirsoft

Offline Leonkennedy74

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:11:09 pm »
I am not speaking on behalf of Slapjack but I will say he is 16. That is also not a dig on his ability, I think he would be a fantastic commander however, I'm concerned his age will decrease the amount of on field respect he would receive. Is this a valid concern or am I just worried for no reason?
If you're over the age of 9, spell correctly, use punctuation and don't make an ass of yourself.

Offline RoosterShark

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:56:32 pm »
I believe that was sarcasm.....

Offline Leonkennedy74

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:59:59 pm »
Sarcasm doesn't fair well on the internet. Safe to air on the side of caution and assume it's serious, rather than make a fool and look like it's not serious.
If you're over the age of 9, spell correctly, use punctuation and don't make an ass of yourself.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:30:56 pm »
At any rate, he's slandering staff and spouting inaccurate information because he's impatient.

Last year team rosters were only made available less than a full week before the game, as they have been in years before.
Additionally, radio codes are always made available day-of in paper documentation.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline Slapjack

• Formerly "Colorfulmoose"
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 10:46:31 pm »
At any rate, he's slandering staff and spouting inaccurate information because he's impatient.

Last year team rosters were only made available less than a full week before the game, as they have been in years before.
Additionally, radio codes are always made available day-of in paper documentation.

Alright, I made a mistake in saying that the roster was up by this time last year. I re-checked and it proved that my memory was false, and I apologize if I came of as irrationally astringent. I do not, however, believe that posting in a way that is meant to personally degrade me helps solve the problem. A polite response including the information in your post would have gone over fine in my mind. I would like to point out that posting in a personally insulting way can leave a bad taste in someone's mouth, and I personally would not like to show up to a game of this caliber expecting people to treat me in an impolite manner.

Again, I apologize for sounding harsh, I suppose I am getting somewhat anxious to play the one big game of the summer I actually attend, and I suppose I'm used to games that have an active roster up from the initial announcement of the game.
Team Whiplash
Ann Arbor, MI

If you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...please go talk to an english teacher until you understand. If you know the difference and choose not to use them correctly, YOU'RE only showing YOUR apparent lack of intelligence.

Offline Redtail

• Resident Fun Sponge
  • Better at eating glass than Vila.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 11:00:20 pm »
Harshness begets harshness.

Similarly, an apology begets an apology.
I'm sorry I acted in a hostile manner and I assure you that my conduct is no representation of Summit Lake Films or the Codename: THUNDER staff.

These guys go through hell and high water every August, most of them flying in from across the country (Idaho now) and really making a minimal profit on the game. I realize that there are always some things expected of an organizer, but I can assure you that in approaching 10 years of experience, SLE has consistently been one of the best hosts and one of the most player-oriented organizations I've seen.
These guys used to run hand-in-hand with MAG at pretty much every event that either one of the two hosted. Without either one, the Illinois airsoft scene would probably be operating at right around half of its current state.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:02:12 pm by redtail »

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.