November 17, 2018, 12:17:08 am

Author Topic: MAG Presensts: Red Dawn - CPX EVENT, Urban fields -March 6th, 2011  (Read 89715 times)

Offline breech

• Global Moderator
MAG Presensts: Red Dawn - CPX EVENT, Urban fields -March 6th, 2011
« on: September 02, 2010, 03:38:05 pm »

Before we get into the details of the event, there are a few improvements/changes for MAG's second event out at CPX.  IF you were at MW2 then you know how many people we got and how long registering took.  This has all been changed.

1. There WILL be a preregistration system. 
2. Playing area expanded from MW2 to include additional surrounding fields (The playing area has DOUBLED in size)
3. Private team sections will be set up at www.midwestairsofters.com for registered players

These were the major issues from last year ( and the weather ;) ) that we have fixed and do not see as a future problem at CPX. 

I have always wanted a Red Dawn event before, but it was only until now that MAG has obtained a field with the appropriate landmarks that would honor the movie.

You ALL know this story.  During the height of the cold war, NATO members withdrew their membership leaving America to stand on their own.  Outweighed by Warsaw pact countries who are quickly expanding their influence across the globe.  On a September morning the small town of Calumet Co. is the drop zone for elite Soviet paratroopers who quickly overrun the town and seize control of all civil activities.  We come to learn that along with the Soviet paratroopers, Cuban forces have aliened themselves with the USSR for an all out invasion of America.

The iconic and ironic popular bumper sticker of the time, a dead US citizen still clutching his 1911 pistol having decided to fight back.

Teenagers still in high school take to the mountainous region surrounding their town and after about a month of hiding out, accidentally provoke hostile actions against the invading forces.  Once this happens, all hell breaks loose.  The kids, who call themselves "Wolverines" (based off their high school mascot and lead by a former student and quarterback) are wanted as terrorists and start actively fighting back using guerrilla tactics. They soon learn that they are very good at it.  They paint "Wolverines" on the disabled vehicles and nearby walls as a warning to the enemy troops.

The first confrontation, a hap-hazard encounter that soon lead to organized all out attacks on armored convoys

The movie itself expands on the first few months of what would soon be known as WW3 and the heroic actions of children who were forced to defend their homeland.

The TOD
Here at Midwest Airsoft Guerrillas we believe forward progression is key in the sport of airsoft for all of our participants. With that in mind at every event we will be introducing a simple yet very effective, Tactic Of the Day. The TOD will be a demonstrated by the staff at MAG during the safety briefing but it is up to the player to implement it on the field. The TOD will always have some application towards the game for that day, we will make it something you can practice throughout the day and hopefully it will make the game more enjoyable for you as the player. You learned stuff too!

Tactic of the day: Red Dawn

Cover and bounding:
During the coarse of today's event, you will either be attacking a fixed position or defending said position. Either way, in order to survive today, you will need to work and move as a team, which leads to our TOD for today, covering and bounding. Covering and bounding is just what it sounds like, to supply moving or "bounding" teammates with cover fire from enemy troops. This tactic works both ways in advancing on or retreating from a target. Typically when retreating this tactic can be referred to as a "peel" whereabouts a squad will fall back on a static line, while the furthest man up falls back while the others provide cover fire.

The Fields
MAG has secured for you, only the best fields located at CPX.  The game will take place on these fields ONLY!

The Town of Bedlam

Armageddon

Jungle of Doom

El Centro

Ft Courage

When
March 6th, 2011

Price:
$35.00 per player
Preregistration opens October 1st, 2010
(Preregisters will get a free MAG patch* - 1st 200)

Retailers/Sponsors
king david

Timetables:
Registration/Chronograph: 0900

Game/Safety Briefing: 1000

Pack up and Game Debrief: 1730

Weapon limits
All AEGs - 400fps - no higher

Sniper rifles - Bolt action rifles - 550 fps - 100 foot no shoot zone, spotter rule in efect

203 shells - a no shoot 15 foot kill zone allowed

Special Rules Include...
Ammo Restrictions
Enviormental Effects - Ambit Noise and Visually Imparing
Props
Uniform Requirements
Special Medic Rules

Ammo Regulations
Riflemen - 1 hi-cap per player, as many low, standard, or mid capcity mags as they wish
Support Weapons - MUST be support weapon platforms, Bi-pods and box mags added to rifles do NOT count. 

Teams
US - Tan and ACU
-Includes:
Tan
DCU
Desert Marpat
Multi-Cam
ACU

Wolverines - CIVILIAN ONLY!

Russian - Green
-Includes:
Woodland
DPM
MARPAT
OD

Camo regs are based off the TOP half of your body.  You may mix and match camo patterns WITHIN your teams' standards.  I.E. wearing an ACU shirt with Desert pants or a woodland top with flecktern pants as examples

You may NOT wear patterns identifed from both teams, I.E. an ACU shirt with Woodland pants.

You may wear "civi" clothes to subsitute for your pants, I.E. woodland and jeans or ACU with jeans is fine.

Basic Field Rules
1. Goggles
Full seal, Z87.1 impact rated goggles are required for ALL players.  Additionally, per park rules, full face protection is also required.  Your MOUTH, NOSE, EARS, AND EYES MUST REMAIN COVERED.  Shemaghs and balaclavas would fall under this rule, BUT ONLY FOR THOSE OF YOU OVER THE AGE OF 18.

2. ANY PLAYER UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MUST HAVE FULL FACE PROTECTION:
This includes paintball/airsoft masks only. This rule does not include those players over the age of 18 but it is recommended that ALL players follow a full face protection guideline.

3. THE SAFEZONE:
The Safe Zone is exactly that, a safe zone that is not in play on the field. While in the safe zone the players may remove their goggles, rest, perform any needed repairs or address any other issues at hand, etc. At no time is firing your airsoft weapon in, at, or out of the safe zone acceptable. This includes test firing or dry firing your weapon. If you must do so, you may go to the designated firing line at the field to perform these functions. Any player caught firing into the safe zone from the field of play will be ejected from the field without refund.

4. ACTING IN AN UNSAFE MANNER:
This includes physical contact, threatening others, using nonprofit explosives, combustables, etc. We do not tolerate an unsafe environment, and we are all adults. If you are unsure what this rule covers, just remember that anything that may compromise player safety while on our field is unacceptable.

FIELD RULES
http://www.cpxsports.com/pdf/airsoft_rules.pdf

QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS ABOUT THE FIELD OR RULES MAY BE DIRECTED TO BREECH ONLY

During the course of some events, certain pyrotechnics may be used or allowed at the field. this covers mostly smoke type pyrotechnics. Please check with the individual event requirements or game day rules for further details on what type of smoke pyrotechnics will be used/allowed.

General Field Information
No drugs or alcohol allowed on the field.
Smoking is only permitted in the safe zone.
There will be food for sale through CPX.

*limited to the first 200 who sign up, patches may be either plain or BOTW branded MAG logos.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:33:01 am by breech »

Offline Wp xIRONWOLFx

• Noob of Noobs
  • Josh O'Dowd Leader and Founder of Wp/WPA
    • Wolf Pack Clan
Re: MAG Presensts: Red Dawn - CPX EVENT, Urban fields - 12/12/10
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 03:45:30 pm »
This looks awesome, one of my favorite movies of all time despite the cheesy lines. Will sure see if I can make it.
Wp we hunt in packs!

Offline PRWN

• formally PRWN
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 03:48:50 pm »
Oh geez, I was just talking about this movie not too long ago.

Cant wait. Hopefully I wont forget to take off work for this one
No I made a suggestion and was returned with my cats breath smells like cat food, I felt I wasn't taken seriously

Offline SpecterB

• Reveal that which is hidden
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:21:59 pm »
If my memory serves, Wastelands is detached from all of the other fields.. Are we going to have to go through the safe zone each time to transfer, or are you also including Moonshine Run?
Proud KWA owner

With some men, one testicle is bigger than the other. With Chuck Norris each testicle is bigger than the other.

Offline breech

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 04:28:03 pm »
you will be traveling AROUND the safezone

the woods may or may not be in play, they will be up to a certain point (El Centro), but may not be down by wasteland.

depends on how the numbers look, if it gets up near 600 like last time, then you bet those woods will be active

we are to give you as much playing area as we can this time around.

Offline Klutz

• Silence is Golden, but so are french fries.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 06:55:29 pm »
is 600 an expected number of attendees?
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
-General George Patton
"Before we're through with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in hell!"
Admiral Halsey - December 1941

"B-Team" Airsoft.

Offline breech

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 07:51:02 pm »
moreso the game/playing areas have been prepared to handle those kinds of numbers

Offline abdomina

• spatula
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 09:13:27 pm »
the reason that we had so many a whiskey hotel is because it was based off MW2.
Though slavery was still outlawed... damn, I'm gonna try to buy me a Support Gunner.

Offline Coal City Spartans

• "Sine labore nihil"
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 09:55:47 pm »
I second that the reason so many people showed up to WH was because it was based off of  MW2.......which also caused a large number of jimmys to be used as meat shield's
one gun shop, leave propane there, or carry it on you
supply drops are more of i toss a zip lock bag of ammo and throw peanut butter cups at a group of survivors as they are running past me
supply drops, breech style

Soap

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 10:20:58 pm »
looks great. now i get to finish my DCU loadout

Offline CRUSADER

• squirrel medic
  • Cath'rin Zeta Jo-ones...
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 11:27:40 pm »
Schweet.
...She dips b'neath the lay-zuhs, woah oh ohhh...

PERKS:
-Bloody BB
-Banzai
-I Mean Business
-Quadruple Bypass
-First Do No Harm
-Fortunate Son

Offline breech

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 06:49:50 am »
i'll let everybody in on a little secret..... the only reason why we did MW2 is because i had about an hour to come up with a game idea and i knew it was hot.

did i want to do a mw2 themed event?  not really.  but, CPX management and i went into triple overtime in the legal stuff and i had zero time to "think" about a theme.  wew thought for the longest time that CPX wasn't going to happen and with Winter Harvest last Jan we did not prep for CPX as we thought it was a dead issue.  Then it was brought back to life, the day after Winter Harvest actually.  i needed something fast and something easy.  Hello MW2

Now we want to get away from MW2, away from that stigma.  MW2 was a decent event, we were overwhelmed but adapted to it and the game was an overall success.

but now i have time to really plan, to have a huge scenario style game at one of the best parks in the country.

truthfully i don't want 600 people again, that was nuts, fun, but nuts.  Which is why you won't see another MW2 based game ;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 06:53:08 am by breech »

Offline nj1218

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 06:41:19 pm »
$35? Wow, I guess that's to keep it from getting 600 people. hmm... it's getting hard to play in Illinois

Offline ENH Tactical

• ENH Studios
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 07:10:19 pm »
I am so there!

Offline XpyrokingX

• CT6 U.S member...Sorry Chiro
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 07:12:15 pm »
if i get that day off for work (which i probably wont) im definitly goin to this one!
No sacrafice, No Victory!