July 21, 2018, 02:54:55 am

Author Topic: Operation Eastwind (9days of immersive mil sim) announcement  (Read 12897 times)

Offline ghost6

• 29th Marine Expeditionary Unit MARSOC MilSim
Re: Operation Eastwind (9days of immersive mil sim) announcement
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 10:19:34 pm »
I would love to attend, while I do not advocate strict MILSIM as a gneral rule, I feel the need to go back to my roots on occasion. Tht said, this college student cannot afford to make it. Do you plan ondoing this many years into the future?

Feelgood,  This event is fairly new to the scene, only in its 4th season and is an annual program, and is growing in every aspect.  If your a tactical thinker and like the aspect of true and deep MilSim, this is the place for it.  9 days of the most immersive program outside of the real military world.  In the nine days you will find yourself in the most true to life simulation using period correct radios (PRC 77, PRC 25 and PRC 68 radios), NODs, chow, tents, cots, sleeping gear, uniforms, formations, map and compass use, patrol planning and execution, LP/OP operations, extended patrols, night patrols, military vehicle use such as deuce and a half transports, M113 and M114 APC's, British Ferret light armored recon vehicles, flares for night contact, ambush execution.  Encounters with Soviet and East German patrols who will be in authentic uniform and gear.  Late night fire watch and radio watch.  Guard duty on the border.  Reaction in the middle of the night to a possible probing attack from the eastbloc side.  Use thermal imagers from the correct era.  The list goes on and on.  If you havent visited the web sight, forum or browsed the photos, please do.  The forum is very active right now with tons of questions and answer of all sorts.  This event has drawn attention in the INTERNATIONAL relm and there are several who will be attending from across the pond.  This is the year to NOT miss Eastwind.  The event staff even have some things up there sleeves that will blow your mind for something like this.  ie....(A10 attack on soviet BTR152 or BTR40, possible apache run on them or even a CH53 Super Stallion supply drop)  These are things that may take place if the coordination is spot on.  I know its all being worked on for this year. 
RNorris
akaGhost6
Platoon Commander
29th Marine Expeditionary Unit, MARSOC
"Military Simulation"
US Marine Corps 1984-1992
Desert Storm Veteran
"Semper Fidelis"

See You On The Battlefield
"Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Offline ghost6

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 10:20:58 pm »
I would love to attend, while I do not advocate strict MILSIM as a gneral rule, I feel the need to go back to my roots on occasion. Tht said, this college student cannot afford to make it. Do you plan ondoing this many years into the future?

Feelgood,  This event is fairly new to the scene, only in its 4th season and is an annual program, and is growing in every aspect.  If your a tactical thinker and like the aspect of true and deep MilSim, this is the place for it.  9 days of the most immersive program outside of the real military world.  In the nine days you will find yourself in the most true to life simulation using period correct radios (PRC 77, PRC 25 and PRC 68 radios), NODs, chow, tents, cots, sleeping gear, uniforms, formations, map and compass use, patrol planning and execution, LP/OP operations, extended patrols, night patrols, military vehicle use such as deuce and a half transports, M113 and M114 APC's, British Ferret light armored recon vehicles, flares for night contact, ambush execution.  Encounters with Soviet and East German patrols who will be in authentic uniform and gear.  Late night fire watch and radio watch.  Guard duty on the border.  Reaction in the middle of the night to a possible probing attack from the eastbloc side.  Use thermal imagers from the correct era.  The list goes on and on.  If you havent visited the web sight, forum or browsed the photos, please do.  The forum is very active right now with tons of questions and answer of all sorts.  This event has drawn attention in the INTERNATIONAL relm and there are several who will be attending from across the pond.  This is the year to NOT miss Eastwind.  The event staff even have some things up there sleeves that will blow your mind for something like this.  ie....(A10 attack on soviet BTR152 or BTR40, possible apache run on them or even a CH53 Super Stallion supply drop)  These are things that may take place if the coordination is spot on.  I know its all being worked on for this year.

The Eastwind event is slated to take place every year in the month of March.
RNorris
akaGhost6
Platoon Commander
"Military Simulation"
Desert Storm Veteran
"Semper Fidelis"

"Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Offline Wp xIRONWOLFx

• Noob of Noobs
  • Josh O'Dowd Leader and Founder of Wp/WPA
    • Wolf Pack Clan
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 10:47:02 pm »
This sounds awesome, I havent been to a true mil-sim event but I have a question. You were mentioning something about night attacks, does this mean you will be woken immidiatly in the middle of the night to fight right away? If so wouldnt this be a safety issue for some not wearing eye protection, and if this is a suprise attack wouldnt some not have batteries fully charged? Im sorry if this is a dumb question but again im new to Mil-Sim airsoft. Thanks
Wp we hunt in packs!

Offline Feelgood

• God of Sarcasm and Off-topicness
  • Two chicks at the same time
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 03:55:23 am »
I'm sure its not, I'm about halfway there on equipment and 100% there on mentality, but I'm scrambling to find cash to pay for gas to go home for Thanksgiving, and I live 40 minutes from BSU  :'(

This summer I plan on picking up a second job and attempting to work 18 hours a day. Should be able to attend next year.

Thank you, I will continue to follow this
I've broken more bones, traveled more miles, thrown up more beer, lost more fights, and been rejected by more dudes who look like ladies than you have.

Offline ghost6

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 03:30:00 pm »
This sounds awesome, I havent been to a true mil-sim event but I have a question. You were mentioning something about night attacks, does this mean you will be woken immidiatly in the middle of the night to fight right away? If so wouldnt this be a safety issue for some not wearing eye protection, and if this is a suprise attack wouldnt some not have batteries fully charged? Im sorry if this is a dumb question but again im new to Mil-Sim airsoft. Thanks

Yes, right out of a dead sleep, gear up and out the door to possibly defend the base camp or into the night and out to the perimeter as reinforcements.  You just never know, but it did happen to myself and my squad while sleeping.  SAFETY:  Goggles on, grab your gear and out the door you go!  Any time you are outside of the tents, you have goggles on.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  BATTERIES:  Be squared away, be prepared!  They do set up a charging station in the armory tent. 

FYI.....there is NO dumb question! 

I encourage everyone to join the eastwind forums to see what is going on over there.  I believe you can see everything without even registering on there.
RNorris
akaGhost6
Platoon Commander
"Military Simulation"
Desert Storm Veteran
"Semper Fidelis"

"Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Offline Feelgood

• God of Sarcasm and Off-topicness
  • Two chicks at the same time
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 06:43:55 pm »
Yes, right out of a dead sleep, gear up and out the door to possibly defend the base camp or into the night and out to the perimeter as reinforcements.  You just never know, but it did happen to myself and my squad while sleeping.  SAFETY:  Goggles on, grab your gear and out the door you go!  Any time you are outside of the tents, you have goggles on.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  BATTERIES:  Be squared away, be prepared!  They do set up a charging station in the armory tent. 

FYI.....there is NO dumb question! 

I encourage everyone to join the eastwind forums to see what is going on over there.  I believe you can see everything without even registering on there.

So when you are in the tents you are goggles off, a "safety zone" of sorts as far as eye pro goes?
I've broken more bones, traveled more miles, thrown up more beer, lost more fights, and been rejected by more dudes who look like ladies than you have.

Offline ghost6

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 07:32:27 pm »

So when you are in the tents you are goggles off, a "safety zone" of sorts as far as eye pro goes?
[/quote]

Yes, when the event goes HOT, goggles ON.  Only take them off inside your tent.
RNorris
akaGhost6
Platoon Commander
"Military Simulation"
Desert Storm Veteran
"Semper Fidelis"

"Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Offline shake

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 02:47:52 am »
this event seems brutal. this is what I like to see happen. I wish more events were like this.

Im only going to make it for the first 5 days, i cannot make the rest, i got a tour that starts on the 17th in dallas so im going to fight fly and hit the road.

its pretty strict on its player regs but it just adds to the realism. luckily ill be considered a day player and can have the more laxed loadout, but it will a blast.

i havnt flown with my gear yet, so this should be interesting :)

but if anyone around chicago area is going down, id love to jump on and carpool out there with ya
Never retreat, just reload

Offline ghost6

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 07:04:44 am »
There are several players headin out from the Chicago area for Eastwind.
Perez (29thMEU)
MiR (several of them going)
Kilo11
maybe a few more, so take your pick and contact them.
RNorris
akaGhost6
Platoon Commander
"Military Simulation"
Desert Storm Veteran
"Semper Fidelis"

"Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Offline shake

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 04:38:23 pm »
will do, thanx
Never retreat, just reload

Offline Komissar

• RedRiot-CCCP Soldat
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 05:26:13 pm »
How do you make your pomz mines?
No sir, of course that's not a suitcase full of Caviar and Russian Army gear...
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
http://www.waryall.com/
userbarz.com

Offline ghost6

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 09:04:36 pm »
How do you make your pomz mines?

Whats pomz mines?
RNorris
akaGhost6
Platoon Commander
"Military Simulation"
Desert Storm Veteran
"Semper Fidelis"

"Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Offline Komissar

• RedRiot-CCCP Soldat
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 06:33:31 pm »
The soviet AP mines, the ones on a stake that use 40mm shells. Have you been to eastwind(?), you, or a teammate has probably been hit with one. Im guessing your a Nato player. Lol, silly American with his plastick machinegun and goofy looking landmines......

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
userbarz.com

Offline Horus

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 02:47:12 am »
Didn't come accross any of the POMZ but in case your wanting to bring one or two here you go.

http://fire-support.co.uk/product-info.php?id=3523
Platoon Commander
29thMEU 1st Battalion (Illinois)
Alpha Company

Offline Komissar

• RedRiot-CCCP Soldat
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 07:15:14 pm »
Da, i know of those. But there is mention of them in multiple places on the Eastwind site. I beleive one of the EOs makes them.
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
userbarz.com